Donor Statements Inaccurate

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalinbh

Donor Statements Inaccurate

Post by kalinbh »

When members come in for tithing settlement, we are presenting them with their donor statement for review.
However, the pre-generated Donor Statements do not include all donations made by the individual (e.g. donations made through Well's Fargo or Zion's Bank).
This provides that with an inaccurate representation of what they actually paid and leaves the clerks searching individuals' donations summaries in the participants tab.

I hope that all donations made by an individual regardless of how the donation comes in to the system (online, in-person or through a financial institution) can be presented on the Donor Statement.
drepouille

Re: Donor Statements Inaccurate

Post by drepouille »

I opted out of the pre-generated statement, but when I manually generate a statement for myself, all my donations appear, regardless of whether they came from my credit union or my Wells Fargo account. I use online donations, but not Bill-Pay.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

I just generated a statement for myself and it correctly shows my billpay contributions.
If the members statement does not show the billpay contributions my guess would be that they didn't follow the correct procedure to link their donations with their membership
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kalinbh wrote:I hope that all donations made by an individual regardless of how the donation comes in to the system (online, in-person or through a financial institution) can be presented on the Donor Statement.
The only way that can happen is if all the donations are associated with the same MRN. In the case of couples, it's possible that some were done under the husband's MRN and some under the wife's.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kalinbh

Post by kalinbh »

Ok. Sounds like they need to go online and print their own copy for it to be accurate.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”