General Conference 2017 Not Updating

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
sdgibbs

Re: General Conference 2017 Not Updating

Post by sdgibbs »

I've tried swiping down on the main library menu for the app to update the catalog on my Android. I still am only seeing the women's session of conference. And I'm connected to my wifi.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

sdgibbs wrote:I've tried swiping down on the main library menu for the app to update the catalog on my Android. I still am only seeing the women's session of conference. And I'm connected to my wifi.
On Android, I recently saw a different bug that could cause the October 2017 item in Gospel Library not to update. Is the book grayed out, as if it's not downloaded? There's a bug where the app sometimes gets into a state where it thinks nothing's downloaded (even though the book is there if you tap into it). Because the app doesn't think it's downloaded, it doesn't check for updates for that book.

If that's what you're seeing – the book grayed out – the workaround is to tap the three-dots overflow menu next to the book name and choose "Download," which will force the book to reinstall itself. If you have several books in a section that are grayed out as if they're not downloaded, you can also use "Download All" in the overflow menu at the top right to install or reinstall all the books in a given section of the app. Being in this state also causes search not to include those books.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sdgibbs

Post by sdgibbs »

That worked! I noticed a few weeks ago most my boxes are grayed out. Downloading did the trick. Thank you!
afhobbs

Post by afhobbs »

While this works, it is a workaround. You can also do a force stop, clear the storage, and then redownload everything, which also resolves the gray-out issue. However, it does not explain why this has happened nor what to do to actually fix it. If this happens again then you would have to do the same over and over, etc. Has a bug actually been identified and fixed or will be fixed in a future version?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

afhobbs wrote:Has a bug actually been identified and fixed or will be fixed in a future version?
Has anyone submitted feedback through the app? That's how the developers normally find out about these things. This is a user-to-user forum based on user experience. The developers do not always frequent the forum, but they do get the feedback.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”