TM not showing 1041 access point controllers

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
maplemedic

Re: TM not showing 1041 access point controllers

Post by maplemedic »

Thank you for the information
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by tlhackett »

We've just posted a notice on the dashboard in TM saying:

The Church is currently experiencing a network outage which is affecting wireless AP's and firewalls. Please do not call the GSC at this time as engineers are working on the problem. Please return here for updates.

This is affecting a large amount of the Meraki firewalls but not all.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

Thank you
CleggGP
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CleggGP »

johnshaw wrote:It appears to be ... a problem on the CHQ side.
The assumption is correct, and currently a message is posted in TM: "Network Outage Notice. The Church is currently experiencing a network outage which is affecting wireless AP's and firewalls. Please do not call the GSC at this time as engineers are working on the problem." The issue affects general MH network connectivity.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:If it's still an issue over the weekend, everyone remember that there is NO PROBLEM bypassing the firewall to complete your webcast.
It is from a policy point of view. And it does expose your device to the "big bad internet". (I'd seriously consider adding a home firewall/router to address that last point.)

But if the firewall won't stay up, your only practical alternative is to cancel the webcast or live with the possibility that it will fail during the broadcast. (And not just a little burp, but down for a significant period of time.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I guess today would be a bad day to install the new firewalls in all of our stake meetinghouses. [sigh]
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

Too bad we can't go back to 881s. I never had a peep out of them and they interfaced with tm well
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

CleggGP wrote:The assumption is correct, and currently a message is posted in TM: "Network Outage Notice. The Church is currently experiencing a network outage which is affecting wireless AP's and firewalls. Please do not call the GSC at this time as engineers are working on the problem." The issue affects general MH network connectivity.
I don't see this message in TM, nor do I see a helpful message on the webcast portal. I also didn't receive a message sent to clerks and STS that issues were going on. Just once, just one time I'd love to get a message from the church when issues are being experienced like this to let us know it's a problem at CHQ. Many STS likely spent an hour or two troubleshooting on their own... It would be nice, for once, to be treated like customers or clients.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by tlhackett »

johnshaw wrote:I don't see this message in TM, nor do I see a helpful message on the webcast portal. I also didn't receive a message sent to clerks and STS that issues were going on. Just once, just one time I'd love to get a message from the church when issues are being experienced like this to let us know it's a problem at CHQ. Many STS likely spent an hour or two troubleshooting on their own... It would be nice, for once, to be treated like customers or clients.
Try refreshing your browser and/or clearing your browser's cache. It is displayed on the dashboard.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

As of 1350 hrs mdt there is a message up in tm on the dashboard. It could have been up earlier than this time

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”