Need Access to Indexing Reports

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
bluscoot

Re: Need Access to Indexing Reports

Post by bluscoot »

The web version of Indexing is live and working, but the Ward Temple and Family History Consultants still do not appear to have access to Indexing statistics for their ward members. Neither do bishops nor high priest group leaders (which oversee family history and indexing functions). Has anyone heard yet if access to ward Indexing statistics will ever be given to ward leaders?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I am the ward clerk and I do have access to individual statistics for web indexing. I suspect bishoprics also have access but cannot answer for the high priest group leader.

From Family Search, go to Web Indexing, click on the name of your ward at the bottom of the page, then click on the blue "reports" button on the next page that opens. That brings up a page with options to designate what kind of information you want to see - you can play with the selections to determine what information is most useful. The report only shows members and data who have signed in to the web indexing program - nothing shows for the old downloadable indexing program.

Update: when I follow the above steps for the stake, I do NOT see the reports button but would hazard a guess it has been implemented with role-based access to allow stake leadership to see the reports for the entire stake.
bluscoot

Post by bluscoot »

Thank you, davesudweeks! I stand corrected! Now I just need to learn how to get reporting on the Indexing done by ward members via the download program. Anyone know?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

There was a post on the Web Indexing site indicating they are working on getting the download data to show with the online data. Not sure the expected get-well date for that. I think the Stake Indexing Director has access to the statistics for the download program but have never had that calling so am only going by the fact that our past director used to send out reports listing the top indexers in each ward in our stake - he was getting the numbers from somewhere...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant—Indexing" has access to indexing reports from the old program here:
https://indexing.familysearch.org/admin/

No other callings have access to those reports by default, but the consultant can manually grant access to individuals by username.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rbleavitt

Post by rbleavitt »

As a Ward Family History and Indexing director I have had access to the reports that indicated the indexing and family history work completed by members of our ward. I can still access the information on Family History, but for indexing I can only get the information that has been completed on web indexing and not on the work that has been completed on the desktop. When I went to the spot I previously got this information there was a message saying that site had been discontinued.

I am trying to prepare a year end report for our ward historical report and would sure like to be able to provide both the web indexing and desktop indexing information. Is there another way to get that information?

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”