Elder Nelson's 2200 Scripture Challenge

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Elder Nelson's 2200 Scripture Challenge

Post by sbradshaw »

nicpacker wrote:This is very helpful. Thanks for doing that work. Is there a way to sort it by the topic, instead of the reference? That way you could study all the scriptures across the standard works about a given topic at the same time, and then move on to another topic.
The Topical Guide itself is organized by topic – so the easiest way to study by topic would be to open the Topical Guide on LDS.org or in Gospel Library, and follow each scripture link from there.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
orionw

Post by orionw »

This is wonderful!

Just a couple of suggestions:

1. The first reference column on the left loads quickly in a new tab, so you can go to the next reference easily by just closing the tab. However, the second reference column opens in the SAME tab, so that when you read these references, you have to go back a page and load the large file all over again, which takes long. Can you make the second column references ALSO open in new tabs, so that the original large file stays open?

2. Minor issue, but the title has "References" spelled incorrectly as "Refrences."

3. Is there any way to get it as an Excel file so that it can be sorted and filtered?

Thanks for the great help in studying these scriptures!

Orion Wood
orionw@pacbell.net
orionw

Post by orionw »

Does anyone know if the Excel version by ctrstandards was ever posted anywhere?

I would love to have a copy to sort and filter.

Thanks!

Orion Wood
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

orionw wrote:1. The first reference column on the left loads quickly in a new tab, so you can go to the next reference easily by just closing the tab. However, the second reference column opens in the SAME tab, so that when you read these references, you have to go back a page and load the large file all over again, which takes long. Can you make the second column references ALSO open in new tabs, so that the original large file stays open?
In most browsers, you can hold command (Mac) or control (Windows) while you're clicking a link, and it will force the link to open in a new tab. Hope this helps!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
orionw

Post by orionw »

sbradshaw,

Thanks, that works.

Minor point, but for the second column, after creating the tab with ctl-click, you have to then click the tab to open it, but the first column opens directly to the tab.

But this works.

Thanks for the quick response!
orionw

Post by orionw »

Does anyone have the Excel version of the file? Did ctrstandards post it somewhere?
dolphinhansen

Post by dolphinhansen »

Thank you
brooksha

Post by brooksha »

This is so great! Thanks for the resource!
dolphinhansen

Post by dolphinhansen »

Thank you. I have looked for a way to accomplish this invitation/challenge as well. In my searches I found Brother Chris Woodhouse's list, which I've borrowed to create a track-able list in Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel.

I am sharing what I have created (the instructions and attributes are on the second worksheet/tab):

* Topical Guide References to Jesus Christ - Tracker (Google Sheet version) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

* Topical Guide References to Jesus Christ - Tracker (MS Excel version) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxlLIC ... sp=sharing

Respectfully,
- Jason Hansen
dolphinhansen

Post by dolphinhansen »

orionw wrote:Does anyone have the Excel version of the file? Did ctrstandards post it somewhere?
Yes, I am sharing what I have created (the instructions and attributes are on the second worksheet/tab):

* Topical Guide References to Jesus Christ - Tracker (Google Sheet version) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

* Topical Guide References to Jesus Christ - Tracker (MS Excel version) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxlLIC ... sp=sharing

Respectfully,
- Jason Hansen

Return to “General Discussions”