Remove Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
veronica1984

Remove Records

Post by veronica1984 »

How does one remove records? I cannot find the information anywhere on the website no matter how hard I try.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Remove Records

Post by lajackson »

veronica1984 wrote:How does one remove records? I cannot find the information anywhere on the website no matter how hard I try.
If you are asking about the process where a name is removed from the membership records of the Church, bishops use the instructions in Handbook 1, chapter 6.14.

If you are asking about the process where a clerk removes a duplicate record, or about other membership record processes, the clerk and bishop follow the instructions in Handbook 1, chapter 13.

Handbook 1 is available on the website to those priesthood leaders who are authorized to have it because of their current calling. Priesthood leaders, particularly bishops, are authorized to share information from Handbook 1 with members when needed. For example, if a member wished to have his or her name removed from the records of the Church, the bishop would explain the process to the member and assist him or her with the request.
veronica1984

Post by veronica1984 »

Thank you!
zduvall

Post by zduvall »

Thanks for this direction. I'm also a ward clerk and had a similar question. I tried googling it, and almost everything that comes up is from members who have left the church and are antagonistic. Just a suggestion... it may be beneficial to outline the process of name removal somewhere that is accessible to the public. That way, members considering leaving the church can at least find webpage that won't lead them further away.
boppercannon

Post by boppercannon »

How do I remove records of unbaptized and over 18 years old.Tthey show up on tithing declaration and settlement reports but are not members and not requeired to pay tithing
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

boppercannon wrote:How do I remove records of unbaptized and over 18 years old.Tthey show up on tithing declaration and settlement reports but are not members and not requeired to pay tithing
The process is outlined in Handbook 1: 13.6.2. It requires the approval of the bishop and the stake president.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
norajb

Post by norajb »

Because of unfortunate legal circumstance involving ward members I want my families information removed ed on the ward level - not from the church.
I currently have our records as "leadership only" but my our address and birthdays are still available.

How can I have all information (besides our names) be removed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can try to talk to the Stake President to have him talk with CHQ, but I'm unaware of any such option. As long as you are known to live in a certain area, your records will be in the ward that serves that area.

Edit: You can probably ask the local ward to remove your address and contact information from the records and to track that separately.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

norajb wrote:I currently have our records as "leadership only" but my our address and birthdays are still available.
Birth dates are never shown to anyone other than leaders, generally only bishopric, clerks and the presidency of the auxiliary responsible for the person. If the visibility settings are set correctly then your address should only be available to leaders as well (although address may be visible to all auxiliary and priesthood presidencies).

However, if you are concerned about leaders having that information then russelhltn's information is accurate as far as I know.
kenclem1

Post by kenclem1 »

The current policies and procedures for removing records are available in the General Handbook 32.14.9 https://abn.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... e_number88.

Return to “Membership Help”