Audio Narrator/Text mismatch - BOM

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

ToManyLetters

Re: Audio Narrator/Text mismatch - BOM

Post by ToManyLetters »

Some versions of the app open the mail client on the device with a preaddressed draft email and troubleshooting files attached.
Windows included. Chrome is just stupid and hijacks the default email client spot on users' devices. When this happens, Windows doesn't know how to pass the information on... Or more accurately, Chrome isn't an email client and doesn't know what to do with the information that gets passed to it.
The developer folks are more than happy to forward content issues to the content folks, and to reply that they have done so. Because I have seen content issues fixed, I am confident that they do forward them on.
Although true for the iOS and Android platforms, we don't have the same direct line to the content team and are not able to relay this sort of information. We have, in the past, several times learned of major changes to content distribution by our users reporting, in essence, that the content team broke something again.
Would it be too rash to assume you have the email for the content people so it can be passed on?

It'd certainly make my life easier if I did.
And it did work! just tried it. My default app for email was set to google chrome. I changed it to Windows Mail. The "send feedback" button works now. Thanks again!
Glad to hear it's working for you now!
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ToManyLetters wrote:Chrome is just stupid and hijacks the default email client spot on users' devices. When this happens, Windows doesn't know how to pass the information on... Or more accurately, Chrome isn't an email client and doesn't know what to do with the information that gets passed to it.
I wonder what would happen if Chrome were signed into a Google account?

ToManyLetters wrote:Although true for the iOS and Android platforms, we don't have the same direct line to the content team and are not able to relay this sort of information. We have, in the past, several times learned of major changes to content distribution by our users reporting, in essence, that the content team broke something again.
Wow. That's sad.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ToManyLetters wrote:Although true for the iOS and Android platforms, we don't have the same direct line to the content team and are not able to relay this sort of information.
I have the email address for the Android developers if you need it. [grin]
Then again, I don't think they get advance notice of problems either. But certainly all of you should be able to pass content problems on to someone, I would think.

Maybe I shouldn't think.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

But certainly all of you should be able to pass content problems on to someone, I would think.
For Android and iOS who have paid developers who work at the Church Office Building, sure. For the volunteers who contribute to the Windows platform, no. For all the luck we've had getting a firm line to the content team, we might as well just scream into the void.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ToManyLetters wrote:For all the luck we've had getting a firm line to the content team, we might as well just scream into the void.
I think personally I would start sending notes to the Android or iOS team asking them to forward content information for you. You could alternate. Equal opportunity.

Of course, it would probably be helpful if you knew more about how the content team was preparing content for you to display. I see what you mean when you say that the content team broke something again. They probably will continue to do so. But if you had advanced warning that the break was coming . . . . Sigh. I feel your pain.
moakesharon1

Post by moakesharon1 »

please help? I downloaded Gospel Library 2 weeks ago and it worked fine, now the read along feature isnt found/working ( I guess it is called narrator), does anyone know how to get it back?

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”