Elder Nelson's 2200 Scripture Challenge

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Lindsays

Re: Elder Nelson's 2200 Scripture Challenge

Post by Lindsays »

I am THRILLED to find this and THANK YOU for creating it! My Excel attempt at sorting for this purpose was clunky and ineffective because of weird hyperlinking and too many commas for practical delimiting. I am definitely bookmarking this on the homescreen of my phone for continual use. I also plan to share this on Facebook (and even try to get it mentioned on Meridian magazine). I just have two questions first:

1. For some reason, many of the links to Moses 1 in the first column open by default in Spanish on my desktop browser....though as far as I can tell from random clicking, most of the verses in the document open in ordinary English. Is this somehow part of your code, or something peculiar to my computer? Any suggestions about this?

2. I'd find this most useful if each link changed to purple once I clicked on it, so I don't have to use mental energy (ha!) to keep track of where I am in the list. At the moment, they all stay blue. Is that setting changeable on the document, or is it something I indicate in my browser? If I change it in my browser, could you tell me where and how to do that, especially on a phone version of Chrome or Firefox? I'm eager to pass this functionality along to my whole Relief Society, who discussed this last Sunday.

Thank you a million!
ctrstandards

Post by ctrstandards »

It loaded in 1/2 a second for me.
ctrstandards

Post by ctrstandards »

I just finished a copy-and-paste into Excel and un-merged the cells that were merged and now this file is sortable by topic, or other desired criteria. I added a column for the source of the books from with the scripture is referenced and a column where one can add a date that the scripture was completed. How might I share this with others who would like an Excel version?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ctrstandards wrote:I just finished a copy-and-paste into Excel and un-merged the cells that were merged and now this file is sortable by topic, or other desired criteria. I added a column for the source of the books from with the scripture is referenced and a column where one can add a date that the scripture was completed. How might I share this with others who would like an Excel version?
Make a new post to this topic, and use the Attachments feature below to attach the spreadsheet.
Attachments
attach.png
(14.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dlefrandtnelson

Post by dlefrandtnelson »

Ok...so I'm a "non-techy" and love this resource. Please help me understand how I can download it and track my progress. All I can do is click on the link and it opens rapidly in my browser. Would love to have it in a doc that I can highlight what I have completed, rather than printout 160 pages :) Thank you for doing this! Amazing!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dlefrandt wrote:All I can do is click on the link and it opens rapidly in my browser.
With most browsers, you can right-click on the link, and a menu will allow you to save the file to your computer.
terrellcook

Post by terrellcook »

ctrstandards wrote:I just finished a copy-and-paste into Excel and un-merged the cells that were merged and now this file is sortable by topic, or other desired criteria. I added a column for the source of the books from with the scripture is referenced and a column where one can add a date that the scripture was completed. How might I share this with others who would like an Excel version?
I'd love this unmerged excel option so I can study by topic instead of sequentially. Let me know if you can email it to me.

Thanks!
BoyackKC

Post by BoyackKC »

:D Love Love Love this creation. You are amazing. I am excited to be able to use this since we have been challenged again by our RS teacher. This will make my study so much quicker. thank you again. - Krystal Boyack, Sandy Utah
nicpacker

Post by nicpacker »

This is very helpful. Thanks for doing that work. Is there a way to sort it by the topic, instead of the reference? That way you could study all the scriptures across the standard works about a given topic at the same time, and then move on to another topic.
devanborsboom

Post by devanborsboom »

Thank you!!

Return to “General Discussions”