Username issues

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
robinsonb120

Username issues

Post by robinsonb120 »

Tells me that my username is not in the system but when I recover username it is exactly what I type in. Was able to log into this forum though.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Username issues

Post by jonesrk »

Which system is giving you the error? Some systems require that you are a member. Currently your account doesn't have your membership number attached so those systems won't let you in. You can go into ldsaccount.lds.org and add your membership number to your account.
onofong

Post by onofong »

I am having the same problem with my daugthers' lds account1. I logged onto lds.org to verify her information and everything is correct.
I am having this problem when I try to log on to Familysearch.
stevecogar

Post by stevecogar »

I have tried multiple times to sign in and recover my password. all my info is already verified and the capchas you are using are terrible!

I still cannot login
alelhi23

Post by alelhi23 »

I'm having the same problem. I am not a member of the church, and was only trying to use Family Search. I was obviously able to log in here and have verified all my info, but i can't log on the Family Search. Please help.
jwoodward99

Post by jwoodward99 »

I can log into my new LDS account, but my log in doesn't work for Family Search. I'm an Ancestry.com subscriber and want to have access to the Family Search site. Family Search won't accept my login credentials. I clicked on "forgot username" and verified I'm using the correct username. When I use that username to log in to Family Serach, I'm told I'm using an incorrect user name. The same login credentials DO log me into the LDS account. Wierd! Is there any help out there?
ffradelis

Post by ffradelis »

Glad to see I am not the only one experiencing problems. I too want to access Family Search and cannot though strangely enough I can log on here....this is very frustrating!
bezzrobin

Post by bezzrobin »

I'm experiencing the same issue. Just want to use the genealogy search and am told my user name (same one I used to login to the forum) doesn't exist. The FamilySearch.org site sent me the same user name via email. Confused and frustrated.
Pearlfoutz

Post by Pearlfoutz »

When I try to login to LDS tools, LDS library, or family search, everytime it tells me that I have an incorrect username or password. I click forgot my username and find it is the same one I typed in, and it still says incorrect username or password if I try again. Then I click forgot password, and reset my password to the same password I thought I had every time. I use the same password everytime. Then I can login for about the next twenty minutes. If I dont, then I have to do it all over again. This happens every single time I try to login to family search, LDS tools, or LDS library. Then I have further problems within LDS library. After about a month or so of being logged in, a pop up comes up saying something like my account isn't working, so any annotations I make won't be saved. ?! All the annotations I make are still saved, and whether I press cancel, or okay on the pop up it just keeps coming back and I can't fix it unless I sign out, and sign in again via "changing" my password and recovering my username. It is exhausting!
ScottTillesen

Post by ScottTillesen »

Ditto all of the recent posts. My username and password don't work when I try to launch Family Search. I can get a validation of my user name by clicking 'forgot user name' (which I haven't actually forgotten) and entering my phone number; but when I enter my user name and click 'forgot password' (which I haven't actually forgotten), I get an error message saying that my user name doesn't exist. Very strange.

Return to “Church Account”