Quarterly Report Status

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
harddrive

Quarterly Report Status

Post by harddrive »

My stake president received notification that certain unit did not submit their quarterly report. The timestamp on the email said 8:43:13 pm. on Monday 17 Apr 2017. Two of the units that were identified submitted their report on Monday the 17th. One was very early morning on Monday and the other one was sometime during the day on Monday.

So my question is when does the system check for status of the quarterly report?

If it is late in the evening like the email timestamp, then why did two units, who turned them in on the day, show up on the list?

I want to give feedback to the clerks so that they all understand when the system does it check.
mfmohlma

Re: Quarterly Report Status

Post by mfmohlma »

As we've been advised otherwise here, I would allow at least a 24 hour period for the Church HQ databases to "talk" to each other. Since the quarterly report was due on the 15th, I would not consider it improper to get the notification that your stake president got.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

I'm not saying that it is improper that the stake president got the email. I'm saying that this was run on the same day as the clerks submitted their report and it still "dings" them for not having it turned in. Since there is 24 hours between databases to sync then the system should run a sync before sending out a message like this especially since a few of my clerks submitted their report on the same day as this is run.

I feel like the database should be synced more often or create a single database that all data is collected and that all reports and everything is run off of. Also to have a backup database.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Don't the instructions ask for the report to be submitted by the 15th?
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Yes it is suppose to be submitted by the 15th and if not then you get the reminder email.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harddrive wrote:I feel like the database should be synced more often or create a single database that all data is collected and that all reports and everything is run off of. Also to have a backup database.
I'm sure there are reasons why it's built the way it is. Perhaps it's because of the size, or because of all the other working pieced, or even some historical reason that would need more money to fix.

However, I don't think there is a lot of sympathy for someone turning in their reports late resulting in a call from the stake presidency. :mrgreen:
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”