Reset two factor authentication

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
joachimvalgren

Reset two factor authentication

Post by joachimvalgren »

I recently had to factory reset my phone, as I managed to break it completely. I had previously set up two factor authentication with the Google authenticator app, so the reset means that I no longer have access to the app. Where can I get this resolved?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Reset two factor authentication

Post by russellhltn »

You might try the instructions found on this page for moving to a new phone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
blrogers

Post by blrogers »

@joachimvalgren,

Were you able to figure out how to fix your problem? The link provided by one of the answers in this thread is not answering the question that you're asking, I think.

I also lost my authenticator app, but now LDS.org is requiring it... there's no way to recover it as far as I can tell and I'm completely locked out of my account settings.
claydiffrient

Post by claydiffrient »

I'm in this same situation :(
g8597963

Post by g8597963 »

Have any of you been able to resolve this problem for your accounts? I have been stuck without access for a few weeks now after having to reset my android phone. I also haven't heard back when emailing the church support team.
josepe500

Post by josepe500 »

I had the same issue. My Android phone died and I could not register a new device.

I was able to get Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) deleted from my LDS account by calling into the Global Support phone number (https://www.lds.org/help/support/toll-f ... c?lang=eng). Global IT also said that e-mailing Support would also work, but it takes a few days. I mentioned that it would be helpful to include these details on the help page for MFA.
cshogan

Post by cshogan »

I called Global Support (option #3 from the main menu (employee or unit support), then follow the prompts) at the number in the link above (855-537-4357) and the very helpful person on the other end removed the 2-step authentication from my account. It was easy and quick after finally finding this thread and the link to the phone number.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

I called the Global Support number and chose option 2 (technical support) then option 6 (other). The kind person on the phone said they'd need to transfer me to "Account Management" (which they did).

After speaking with Account Management and verifying my info, they disabled the two step verification.

Return to “Church Account”