Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
tinaventuri

Re: Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android

Post by tinaventuri »

When I try to email a conference talk from lds.org to a friend, it will not send. I get a failure to deliver notification in my email. Please let me know how this problem can be solved. Thank you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you sure the email address you're using for your friend is correct? Gospel Library doesn't have its own email service – it uses whatever email program is installed and set up on your phone.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Galadriel109

Post by Galadriel109 »

Gospel library was working wonderfully. I up graded to very. 4.0 and now it will start, show a progress bar and just stop.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and no improvement.

I need other ideas.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Galadriel109 wrote:Gospel library was working wonderfully. I up graded to very. 4.0 and now it will start, show a progress bar and just stop.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and no improvement.

I need other ideas.
I don't know how to get 4.0 to work on your device, but you can go back to the previous version if your device allows side-loading. See page 5 of this thread, where I posted a link to download the previous version. Or, wait for someone else who may have an idea for troubleshooting. It would help them to know the make and model of your device, and the version of Android.

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=40
BrownDB

Post by BrownDB »

I have a Moto 4g Play and gospel library is misbehaving: won't play audio, with or without wifi network. Sometimes when I click on the audio icon it jumps from conference talk to conference talk as if its downloading all the talk text or something. Then does nothing. When it ever starts to play a talk, it plays for 1 second then stops and jumps to zero. On another phone (samsung galaxy) on the same network, everything works great. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, etc., to no avail. The only way I can get it to play audio is to download the file. In other words, it won't stream.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

BrownDB wrote:I have a Moto 4g Play and gospel library is misbehaving: won't play audio, with or without wifi network. Sometimes when I click on the audio icon it jumps from conference talk to conference talk as if its downloading all the talk text or something. Then does nothing. When it ever starts to play a talk, it plays for 1 second then stops and jumps to zero. On another phone (samsung galaxy) on the same network, everything works great. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, etc., to no avail. The only way I can get it to play audio is to download the file. In other words, it won't stream.
Are you on T-Mobile with Web Guard enabled? Web Guard blocks the church's content servers and this sounds like a symptom of that.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
tracibill

Post by tracibill »

I use a kindle fire hd and have the following problems: If I try to use the find function, it immediately force closes, so I compensate by searching on lds.org or some other web site. I also have problems with new links/cross references not being saved. Most of the time, the highlight is saved, but no link is attached, even if I try it multiply times. Without this functionality, the app is not very useful to me since I can't seem to set up cross references/links when I'm logged in on lds.org, which could be user error.

I can get the app to save notes. It will download new content even if it says the download failed, though I may have to try more than once.

(not really a troubleshooting issue) I'm not sure what the difference is when typing in "D" to try to link to the Doctrine and Covenants, but if I select the first option that comes up "Doctrine and Covenants" with "Doctrine and Covenants" subtitle that has a black arrow to it's left, I can't link to a particular section. If I scroll down, I can select "Doctrine and Covenants" subtitled Scriptures, I can get to where I want to go. I'm not sure what the difference between the two is.
richardadickjones

Post by richardadickjones »

My gospel library won't won't open
tedawerner

Post by tedawerner »

I am having trouble searching for words in the Gospel Library. The tips say I can search a page or a book. But I tried to search for Adam in the Book of Mormon and it kept taking me to references such as topical guide
flavioprado

Post by flavioprado »

I have the same problem, please can someone from the support give an answer?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”