Elders Quorum Secretary

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
HatchDA

Elders Quorum Secretary

Post by HatchDA »

One of our members was just rebaptized. He was an elder and endowed. In a year he will probably receive a restoration of all his blessings and the priesthood.
The Elders Quorum President asked if he could be his secretary. I have looked everywhere, and maybe missed it, but does the EQ secretary need to hold the Melchizedek Priesthood?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Elders Quorum Secretary

Post by russellhltn »

Handbook 2: 7.3.3 "With the bishop’s approval, the elders quorum president or one of his counselors calls and sets apart an elder to serve as elders quorum secretary."

It's possible that he might be able to serve as an assistant secretary. I know the Handbook is silent on the requirements of the assistant, but I can't remember if LCR had some requirements. I'm not finding any threads about that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
HatchDA

Post by HatchDA »

That was perfect. Thanks so much!
vicksslc

Post by vicksslc »

7.3.3 With the bishop’s approval, leaders in the elders quorum and high priests group may call and set apart assistant secretaries to help with these responsibilities. Prospective elders may be called to serve as assistant secretaries.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”