LDS.ORG Auto-complete Disabled?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re:

Post by scgallafent »

aebrown wrote:But with Leader Resources and other tools unique to your calling, you have to use "Sign In/Tools" and choose the "Sign In" button, then you can choose the "(your name)/Tools" menu again, which now has "Leader Resources" as an option, which you can choose to go to Leader Resources. It does require an extra step over the general tools. But that's how it's always worked, and is not relevant to the topic of this thread, since only one sign-in is required, and that sign in takes the same amount of effort, regardless of what tool you are using.
With most applications, you can go directly to the application and it will prompt you to sign in. For example, I get to Leader and Clerk Resources by going to lcr.lds.org and signing in, not by going to LDS.org, signing in, and then selecting Leader and Clerk Resources from the menu.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Re:

Post by aebrown »

scgallafent wrote:
aebrown wrote:But with Leader Resources and other tools unique to your calling, you have to use "Sign In/Tools" and choose the "Sign In" button, then you can choose the "(your name)/Tools" menu again, which now has "Leader Resources" as an option, which you can choose to go to Leader Resources. It does require an extra step over the general tools. But that's how it's always worked, and is not relevant to the topic of this thread, since only one sign-in is required, and that sign in takes the same amount of effort, regardless of what tool you are using.
With most applications, you can go directly to the application and it will prompt you to sign in. For example, I get to Leader and Clerk Resources by going to lcr.lds.org and signing in, not by going to LDS.org, signing in, and then selecting Leader and Clerk Resources from the menu.
Yes, that's true now. But the post you are responding to was written well over 4 years ago. At that time the Leader and Clerk Resources link was not on the menu until you signed in. I imagine that was because LCR had limited availability in its early days. But for quite a while now it has been accessible by many people, so it is treated just like Directory and Calendar and other tools -- you can see the link in the menu even if you're not signed in, and when you click on the link you'll be redirected to the sign-in page if you're not yet signed in, and then taken to LCR after you sign in.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: LDS.ORG Auto-complete Disabled?

Post by scgallafent »

I guess I'd better watch where the old messages start when I'm reading a thread that pops up with new messages! <sheepish-grin />

Return to “Main Church Website”