Missing member name on Annual Tithing Report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jameskloepfer

Missing member name on Annual Tithing Report

Post by jameskloepfer »

I am unable to locate the Annual Tithing Report for a member of my ward. The missing member does appear on the Donations statement. Can you help?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing member name on Annual Tithing Report

Post by russellhltn »

Where was the member's record at the close of the year?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jameskloepfer

Post by jameskloepfer »

Russell - Actually the situation that I described appears to have affected several of our ward members. In all cases, the members records have always been with my ward. They all appear on the Donations Reports, but not on the Annual Charitable Cash Contributions Official Tax Summary Statement.
jameskloepfer

Post by jameskloepfer »

Is it true that Salt Lake Finance Dept no longer lists their phone numbers? In the past, I was able to contact them for direct support? Do you have a valid phone number?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

The pre-generated statements are not generated for anyone who has checked the setting in the Online Donations site which indicates they intended to print their own statements. Is it possible these members did that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OP indicated Annual Tithing Report - which I understand to be the report from the ward to the stake about who the full tithe payers are.

If he's talking about a different report, well, that's different.

eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:OP indicated Annual Tithing Report - which I understand to be the report from the ward to the stake about who the full tithe payers are.

If he's talking about a different report, well, that's different.
There really isn't an Annual Tithing Report anymore. You simply fill out the Tithing Declarations online and submit it. It automatically sends the results to the stake. There is nothing else.

However, perhaps he does means the member doesn't show up in the Tithing Declaration list.

EDIT: Actually I just re-read his followup post and he is talking about the Tax Statement.
mike5727

Post by mike5727 »

To whom it may concern

[-- Personal information removed --]

I do not have her member ship # and neither our ward clerk . I was told to contact the finance office in Salt Lake to have her copy of Annual Tithing Report mailed to me. If you can please do so.

[-- Personal information removed --]
Last edited by scgallafent on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

This is a forum for sharing information between Church members who use Church technology. Except for a few Church employees who are here in a non-official capacity, there is no official Church presence on the forum and requests like this cannot be handled through the forum.

This is also a public forum. Everything posted here is visible to the entire world. I have removed the name, death date, social security number, address, and membership record number from your post. I suspect you didn't intend to share that information with the entire world.

Because there is no official Church presence here, no one here can help with your request. Your ward clerk can generate a tax statement for a deceased member using Leader and Clerk Resources or he can contact the Global Service Center for assistance.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”