Book of Mormon missing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
Worsham.keith

Re: Book of Mormon missing

Post by Worsham.keith »

It is 10:00 am in Atlanta (1/17/2017) and I was just listening to the Book of Mormon from the Library and it froze! The book is now missing and no way to add it!!!!
noemptychairs

Post by noemptychairs »

It's back!
sfannin

Post by sfannin »

Confirmed. BOM is now available in the app.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

In case someone is keeping score, I still have Book of Mormon here in Las Vegas......
TristanHodgins

Post by TristanHodgins »

If you turn on the "Show Obsolete Content" option in advanced, then the book reappears. I'm not sure if the tags reappear though
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The answer to your question.
january7

Post by january7 »

Book of Mormon also disappeared on my iPhone, but while I was reading
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

dbleazard wrote:Not only is it extremely annoying that the book of Mormon is now missing from the LDS gospel library but it is even more troubling that there is this level of dynamic control over content within the library. I would think that most individuals would believe that the content would only change when there is an update from the App Store.Iit appears that content actively and dynamically managed without my consent and this is very troubling.
The ability to update content over the air is necessary to make the latest magazines, broadcasts, etc. available as soon as possible. For example, there was a great Worldwide Devotional for Young Adults, with Russell M. Nelson, last Sunday – it's now included in the Gospel Library catalog. General Conference is usually available in the app within one or two days, which wouldn't be possible without over-the-air content updates.

In addition to the regular updates to make new content available quickly, Gospel Library 4 uses a whole new content channel. As people around the world have been exposed to the new content, several manuals, audio files, etc. have been reported incomplete or missing, and have been able to be fixed quickly (it would be impossible for the content team to have checked every item in the 70+ languages the app supports before beginning to use the new content).

The Book of Mormon, of all items, being missing, is of course a fluke, and I'm sure the automated content packaging tests will be bolstered to make sure it doesn't happen again. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

For anyone worried about annotations or bookmarks being lost – as long as you're signed in to your LDS Account, your annotations will not be lost. Annotations and bookmarks are tied to the content, but they are synced independently. If you reinstall a book that was uninstalled, a sync will kick off, which will pull down all your annotations for that book.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jackcastle

Post by jackcastle »

Ditto all the above for my wife and me.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”