Moving membership records without complete address

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
stanbutler

Re: Moving membership records without complete address

Post by stanbutler »

Thanks Gary and Russell,
I too was in the USMC and was stationed in and out of the Barracks of 8th & I SE DC. I realized in reflection, I wish I'd have been more proactive for these young Marines. For some, The Marine Corps has a way to cause much pondering. I hope to be able to reach these two Marines prior to their enlistment is up. I know I was very excited to meet fellow Marines most higher in rank, but it help calm my nerves and provide better insight and direction for me.

Do either of you know how to contact a LDS Military liaison ??
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Have you looked at CDOL to try to identify the units that would be responsible for these members? Searching CDOL for Okinawa yields some pretty obvious choices. You might need to do a little more digging to find that appropriate unit for Camp Lejeune. An email to the leaders of the appropriate unit will probably help you solve your problem.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Another option it to call the records department at Church Headquarters. The maybe able to provide you contact information for these serviceman's parents who you could contact to get their addresses. Due to privacy information you may only be able to find out what unit the parent's records are at. In which case, you could contact the ward clerk in that unit to help you get their information. Having been a clerk in a military ward it can be tricky but if you think out of the box you will find a solution.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

stanbutler wrote:Thanks Gary and Russell,
I too was in the USMC and was stationed in and out of the Barracks of 8th & I SE DC. I realized in reflection, I wish I'd have been more proactive for these young Marines. For some, The Marine Corps has a way to cause much pondering. I hope to be able to reach these two Marines prior to their enlistment is up. I know I was very excited to meet fellow Marines most higher in rank, but it help calm my nerves and provide better insight and direction for me.

Do either of you know how to contact a LDS Military liaison ??
An e-mail address for the Military Relations department is available here: https://www.lds.org/callings/military-r ... s?lang=eng
You don't need to log in to see this. If you cannot find what you need through the other suggested methods, this might help.
Before I deployed to the Persian Gulf last year, I could not figure out from LDS Maps who handled the LDS members on base - this is how I got my answer and they provided the current deployed Branch President for me to contact with questions.

Return to “Membership Help”