Missionary Mobile Devices

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
finance4

Missionary Mobile Devices

Post by finance4 »

When do you usually set-up the mobile devices account for new missionaries?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary Mobile Devices

Post by russellhltn »

I believe it's all handled by the Missionary Department. Nothing is done at the local (ward/stake) level.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

finance4 wrote:When do you usually set-up the mobile devices account for new missionaries?
The account is set up and later removed by Church headquarters for missionaries called to missions that are using mobile devices.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ah, now I understand the question - when is the MLS financial account to fund the missionary device set up? It is done by CHQ, but I'm not sure of the timing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Ah, now I understand the question - when is the MLS financial account to fund the missionary device set up? It is done by CHQ, but I'm not sure of the timing.
The accounts are usually set up one month prior to the month in which the missionary reports to the MTC.
finance4

Post by finance4 »

The missionary enters the MTC on this Wed. no account has been set up yet should I call to find out why?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

finance4 wrote:The missionary enters the MTC on this Wed. no account has been set up yet should I call to find out why?
Yes. The first payment should have been already deducted from his or her account (at the start of June). Was another ward involved in the application process? If so, then that ward may have been listed as the financially responsible ward. But regardless of the reason, you'll need to talk to local unit support to get it resolved.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:If so, then that ward may have been listed as the financially responsible ward.
I was just going to suggest that. By default, the responsible ward is the one that submitted papers. It does NOT automatically move when the member or the member's parents move. That has to be arranged.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”