"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
brett765

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by brett765 »

I am a secretary in the Elder's Quorum and can no longer find the email all elders button as described in the help documents. I have had this button for months and now all of a sudden can't find it. Anyone know another way I can broadcast messages to the quorum?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just checked and and the "Send a Message" application in LCR is working fine, but the email link in the Directory seems to be missing. There have been some changes in the Directory, at least for the display of photos, so maybe they inadvertently deleted the email function when making the change. If you hold the correct calling, you can still use LCR to send messages to organizations.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Only the bishopric (including clerks) has access to the LCR Send a Message function. There has been discussion about expanding that to the ward council and presidencies. I do not know when that decision will be made or if it will be allowed.

I'm not on the directory team, so I don't know if that feature was intentionally removed from the directory.
airbubble

Post by airbubble »

It appears that neither clerks nor executive secretaries have access to the Directory's "email all" function, either. As a Relief Society president, this is most frustrating. Do you know how we can talk to someone on the directory team to find answers?
laurelleedahle

Post by laurelleedahle »

I am frustrated also that no one in the ward Relief Society presidency can "email all" to the organization. Will this return soon or are we doomed?
kghost78

Post by kghost78 »

Just a thought. I'm the elder's quorum secretary. My president asks me if I can email the quorum on his behalf sometimes. It seems silly that I'm not allowed to send messages via the system but I can copy and paste the email addresses into excel and go from there as suggested above. Why not give the presidencies the capability to email their quorum or group members?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gmark.kasper wrote:Just a thought. I'm the elder's quorum secretary. My president asks me if I can email the quorum on his behalf sometimes. It seems silly that I'm not allowed to send messages via the system but I can copy and paste the email addresses into excel and go from there as suggested above. Why not give the presidencies the capability to email their quorum or group members?
The "Email All..." capability of the Directory on LDS.org seems to be working fine now for each organization. It's available for everyone, not just presidencies. Is there a reason that won't work for you?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

gmark.kasper wrote:Just a thought. I'm the elder's quorum secretary. My president asks me if I can email the quorum on his behalf sometimes. It seems silly that I'm not allowed to send messages via the system but I can copy and paste the email addresses into excel and go from there as suggested above. Why not give the presidencies the capability to email their quorum or group members?
Because we have been instructed to limit it to bishoprics and stake presidencies for now. There has been some discussion about expanding that feature to additional users, but that won't happen unless/until we get instructions from the product manager to do so.
kghost78

Post by kghost78 »

scgallafent wrote:
Because we have been instructed to limit it to bishoprics and stake presidencies for now. There has been some discussion about expanding that feature to additional users, but that won't happen unless/until we get instructions from the product manager to do so.
That makes sense. Thank you for the reply.
kghost78

Post by kghost78 »

scgallafent wrote:
No, that works fine and I'll continue to use it. I was trying to send it through "official" channels.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”