Missionary not showing up on online donation slip

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
nelsonjonathanscott

Missionary not showing up on online donation slip

Post by nelsonjonathanscott »

Hi All,

A month ago a family moved into the ward and the son already had his mission call. His father emailed me last week that he is unable to donate to his sons mission fund because his name doesn't show up on the digital tithing slip. I looked on the forums and saw that the mission department is the only ones that can add a missionary to the ward mission donation area. I know that there process works because we had another young man get his mission call a week and a half ago and he is already in the missionary donation section. How do I go about getting the other missionary added so his father can donate to his mission fund.

Thanks for your help,

Jon
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary not showing up on online donation slip

Post by russellhltn »

The problem may be deeper than that - the responsibility for the missionary does not automatically transfer when the parents move. You need to contact local unit support on Monday and work to arrange to have the responsibility transferred to your ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nelsonjonathanscott wrote:A month ago a family moved into the ward and the son already had his mission call. His father emailed me last week that he is unable to donate to his sons mission fund because his name doesn't show up on the digital tithing slip.
As russellhltn said, responsibility for the missionary fund does not transfer with the membership record. The previous ward (probably) still has responsibility for this missionary.

Local Unit Support will connect you to someone who will effect the transfer. When you make the call, you will need to specify the month for which the bishop of the new ward is accepting responsibility for the missionary funding.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

In the meantime, they can contribute to the mission fund by choosing "Missionary in Other Ward or Branch" and entering the unit number of their previous ward.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

sbradshaw wrote:In the meantime, they can contribute to the mission fund by choosing "Missionary in Other Ward or Branch" and entering the unit number of their previous ward.
...but doing this will affect the "transfer date" you need to request from the missionary department so make sure you know what's going on.
keefferj

Post by keefferj »

A broader question: I am a senior sister serving a mission with my husband. His name appears on the list of missionaries serving from our ward, but mine is nowhere to be found. When I log into my lds.org account and complete a donation slip each month, I have to wonder why the church doesn't acknowledge my service. Am I not valued as a missionary?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

keefferj wrote:A broader question: I am a senior sister serving a mission with my husband. His name appears on the list of missionaries serving from our ward, but mine is nowhere to be found.
Please contact your home ward clerk and ask him to look into this omission. Your name should definitely be on the list, although I can assure you that you will not lose any blessings from your missionary service because of this glitch. Every person whose life you touch will agree with me that the value of your service is without measure.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:Your name should definitely be on the list
I haven't had a couple missionary in our ward since the online donation tool was released. Does it show both names on the account name? Looking at a previous ward I was in, it looks to me like the account for a couple only has one name on it.

However, the list in the directory at https://lds.org/directory should definitely show both husband and wife.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I just checked on our currently serving couple and only his name shows on the missionary account. I haven't walked upstairs to talk to the finance team, but I'm reasonably certain they create a single account for senior missionary couples and can only associate one member record with that account. Both missionaries show up everywhere else (serving missionary list in LCR, assigned missionary list in LDS Tools, missionary recommendation system, and directory).

Return to “Online Donations”