Patriarchal blessings

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cwparrish

Patriarchal blessings

Post by cwparrish »

How do I request a copy of a patriarchal blessing for one of my minor children? I am also his Branch President, would that be an easier,quicker route? Anyone?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Patriarchal blessings

Post by russellhltn »

I believe the child would have to request their own. I don't see any provision for anyone else - including their bishop to obtain one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

According to the Patriarchal Blessing tool (LDS.org > My Account and Ward > Patriarchal Blessing), members can request a copy of their own blessing, or the blessing of a deceased direct-line ancestor. I don't think blessings can be requested for other family members.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Handbook 2: 20.12.2: "Each patriarchal blessing is sacred, confidential, and personal. Therefore, it is given in private except that a limited number of family members may be present. Church members should not compare blessings and should not share them except with close family members. Patriarchal blessings should not be read in Church meetings or other public gatherings."

So really, there's no provision for ward leaders to see someone's blessing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cwparrish

patriarchal blessing copy

Post by cwparrish »

How do I request a copy of my minor sons patriarchal blessing? I am also his Branch President, will that help?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: patriarchal blessing copy

Post by aebrown »

cwparrish wrote:How do I request a copy of my minor sons patriarchal blessing? I am also his Branch President, will that help?
I merged your new question into the discussion you already started on this same question last month. Please review the responses that have already been posted.
cwparrish

Post by cwparrish »

While I appreciate the responses I do not see any answers there other than just speculation. For a minor child it would seem the parents ought to be able to request it and not be required that the child have his own LDS.org account. Any comment on that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The fact is, the system does not have a provision for doing what you are requesting. It only permits requesting deceased ancestors.

If you still want to pursue this, you can try calling Local Unit support, or your priesthood "upline". The bulk of this forum is user-to-user support.

Return to “Membership Help”