Missing Priesthood Ordination

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jbh001 wrote:You might also try using the Special Request feature under Membership > Records > Special Requests as an alternative to an MLS message.
Yes. A much better idea.

If you go through the panels instead of the top menu, go to these Panels (links):

Membership Records (More) >
View and Update (More) >
Other Record Changes (Special Requests).
1historian-p40

Post by 1historian-p40 »

There is one other slim possablity. because it was a pre MLS ordination while the stake lost the paper work it may have been fowarded to salt lake. Have they trequested the line of authority for this brother.
a call to 1-800-453-3860 ext 2-3500
or email lineofauthority@ldschurch.org
Would tell them if it was recorded there but not added to his record. if it was it would give you all the information needed to correct the record.
mkjhanse

Stake Clerk Joey

Post by mkjhanse »

Almost all Priesthood Ordinations are done on either the Sunday they were sustained, or the Sunday after. If you just look at old calendars, and more extensively question the person who was ordained, you can usually pinpoint the ordination date.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mkjhanse wrote:Almost all Priesthood Ordinations are done on either the Sunday they were sustained, or the Sunday after. If you just look at old calendars, and more extensively question the person who was ordained, you can usually pinpoint the ordination date.
Technically, the Church Handbook says you need to verify ordinations before recording them into MLS with the witnesses that were present or by some legal document, like the Ordination Certificate that can be printed from MLS.
sanjuanward8

Missing my high priest ordination

Post by sanjuanward8 »

Can I look my ordination
mtuioti

Re: Missing Priesthood Ordination

Post by mtuioti »

Hi, where do I find the instruction concerning the two witnesses and also about the stake president having to write a letter if witnesses can not be found?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing Priesthood Ordination

Post by russellhltn »

Handbook 1:16.1.10.1 outlines the procedure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”