member baptized two days before they turned 8

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
thunt11

member baptized two days before they turned 8

Post by thunt11 »

Hey question for anyone. I have a newly baptized member that birthday is March 10 but was actually baptized on March 8. I did not notice the dates until MLS gave me the prompt that the child must be 8 years old to put in the baptism. It does not appear that there is a way to override this item. Does anyone have any ideas on the matter?

Thanks,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: member baptized two days before they turned 8

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest pointing the bishop to Handbook 1: 16.1.10, under the heading "Ordinances That Were Performed before the Appropriate Age". It seems to outline your exact situation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
thunt11

Post by thunt11 »

Actually upon further examination of the form I entered the interview date and not the actual baptism date. It all works fine I just need to look at my dates more closely.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

*whew*. That wasn't going to be fun explaining to everyone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”