How to see donations for my daughter missionary?

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
zootal

How to see donations for my daughter missionary?

Post by zootal »

Is there any way I can see online the donations to my daughters missionary account? I have the Ward finance clerk look it up regularly so I can see how much I need to donate, but it would be easier if I could look it up myself.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How to see donations for my daughter missionary?

Post by jdlessley »

zootal wrote:Is there any way I can see online the donations to my daughters missionary account?
No. Due to privacy issues only unit leaders with finance permissions can view unit missionary accounts.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Furthermore, the clerk should not be showing you donations (other than your own) - just the balance.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zootal

Post by zootal »

Does that mean I have the right to see the balance in the account, but I can't see who donated how much to her account?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zootal wrote:Does that mean I have the right to see the balance in the account, but I can't see who donated how much to her account?
"Right" would be an overly strong word, but I'd think you should be aware of the balance since that would affect how much you need to donate. And yes, for privacy reasons, you wouldn't know who and how much.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

zootal wrote:Does that mean I have the right to see the balance in the account, but I can't see who donated how much to her account?
To put it more bluntly, all donations are property of the church and you don't have "the right" to know anything about donations made by other people nor what, exactly, happens to the donations you made either. However, your ward clerk over finances (with whom you already have a dialog about this) can keep you informed about the overall balance of the account under your daughter's name in the ward computer… so that you may donate an appropriate amount on a regular basis. That's his responsibility and there is not any other way for you to know this information (unless you have a calling which also grants permission to view ward finances on the ward's computer).

I realize that you probably want to know this balance at the least convenient times for the clerk… like late in the evening when you're doing your personal finances and you feel like making a donation online but you want to know the missionary balance first. Perhaps the best approach would be to make an arrangement with the finance clerk. Like… every Sunday at the end of processing the ward finances he could quickly check the balance on that account and send you an email. He isn't going to know the updated balance any more often than once a week anyway.
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

zootal wrote:Is there any way I can see online the donations to my daughters missionary account? I have the Ward finance clerk look it up regularly so I can see how much I need to donate, but it would be easier if I could look it up myself.
This has been a fairly popular request by users of Online Donations. I cannot say when/if this will be addressed, but please know that we are aware of the desire to have some way of being able to monitor the balance of your missionary child's account.
texasranger225

Post by texasranger225 »

I have the exact same issue with my son on his mission. it doesnt seem too hard to just have a subtotal for all the donations when we run the history for my missionary account. The subtotal would include all donations from all other wards or stakes.

just a thought.
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

texasranger225 wrote:I have the exact same issue with my son on his mission. it doesnt seem too hard to just have a subtotal for all the donations when we run the history for my missionary account. The subtotal would include all donations from all other wards or stakes.

just a thought.
Thanks for expressing your desire for this functionality. I will make sure the team is aware of the request.
imjustadreamin

Post by imjustadreamin »

This would be a wonderful addition. I recently asked for my daughter's mission fund balance and was given the amount we would have paid without a single donation. I then asked if there had been any donations in her name and I was told there were several so I asked them why that was not reflected in the balance and I was told they would have to go back in their records and that would take them some time. If there have been donations in her name wouldn't her balance reflect this? I wish I could just see for myself what the balance is.

Return to “Online Donations”