Italian Audio

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
marieallison

Italian Audio

Post by marieallison »

Hello. My name is Marie Allison and I am trying to listen to the Book of Mormon in Italian, but, for some reason it does not work. I installed the Gospel Library app in my pc and in my cell phone, but, the audio for the scriptures does not work. I went to LDS.ORG to try to listen to it, but, it does not have the option to listen to it. Is there anything you can do to help me? or what can I do? I am learning Italian and I know it will be beneficial to listen to the Scriptures in Italian...I hope somebody can help me....Thanks...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Italian Audio

Post by russellhltn »

marieallison wrote:I went to LDS.ORG to try to listen to it, but, it does not have the option to listen to it.
That probably means the church does not have audio scriptures in that language. That would also explain why you can't do it in LDS Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, the Church has not produced audio recordings of the Book of Mormon in Italian. If your computer has text-to-speech, you could use this workaround:
http://iuseacomputer.tumblr.com/post/32 ... -to-speech
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

marieallison wrote:I am learning Italian and I know it will be beneficial to listen to the Scriptures in Italian...
Be aware that electronic Italian pronunciation is very often wrong (especially the inflection).
Es.: Fòrmica = wood material, Formìca = ant.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

My text-to-speech does pronounce those words differently. I imagine sometimes accents are left off in informal writing, which could cause problems, but as long as the accent is written, my computer recognizes and pronounces the difference. So, I can vouch for Mac's text-to-speech at least.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Yes. All is demanded to speech program. Just to be aware of it.
Sei già in Italia o pensi di venirci?
Now I see your name. Are you here in Vicenza or is a homonymy matter?
marieallison

Post by marieallison »

I will try those options. Thank you everybody.....
jaque1

Post by jaque1 »

What would it take for the Church to produce an audio format of the Book of Mormon in Italian?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jaque1 wrote:What would it take for the Church to produce an audio format of the Book of Mormon in Italian?
I think the request would need to be initiated by the area authorities / area office that includes Italy.
DegreytPR

Post by DegreytPR »

Being an none English speaker I know that there are unofficial audio versions of the book of Mormon out there, so I asked one of my friends from Italy if he knew of any out there in the wild since I too am learning Italian as my sixth language and my friend got me this link https://www.ldmaltavoce.com/introduzion ... -di-mormon
I hope it helps

Return to “Main Church Website”