Online Donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Online Donations

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
russellhltn wrote:I just discovered donations have been turned on in our stake. The date I see in OCL is today's date: 19 Aug 2015. So it appears to be a new letter for each area.
Looking again, the letter is now dated 27 Aug. Interesting.
And today the Notice is dated 2 September. Someone else has won the . . . er, been added to the list of Online Donation capable units. Congratulations, whoever you are.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

It's ME!!! I live in the Portland, OR area.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Well, woohoo (finally). :)
billslater

Post by billslater »

For online donations, do clerks and bishops have any visibility to those donations?

I have been using a direct-deposit to electronically pay tithing for many years (not a program widely known to the public) and under that program my bishop did not have visibility to my donations. As I read through the instructions on this new online program it sounds like the clerks (that's me!) have some responsibility to help members with this process, but the instructions were kind of thin on details. The thing I really like about the program I have been using for years is I set an auto pay and my tithing is paid every month automatically, just like my mortgage and other recurring monthly payments that don't change. With this new program it appears you have to take initiative to pay each time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

billslater wrote:For online donations, do clerks and bishops have any visibility to those donations?
Yes.
billslater wrote:The thing I really like about the program I have been using for years is I set an auto pay and my tithing is paid every month automatically, just like my mortgage and other recurring monthly payments that don't change. With this new program it appears you have to take initiative to pay each time.
Correct.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, the donations sync back to MLS and are visible to clerks and bishopric members. They will show up on the printed reports for tithing settlement.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I'm in! This is the first day I was allowed in to the online donations app on lds.org.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Dang. Last one in line again. I hate when that happens.

https://www.lds.org/help/support/financ ... -donations

Last Updated: 3 September 2015 at 10:22

Getting Started
The Donation Process
Donation History
Donor Statements
Settings
Answers to General Questions

ONLINE DONATIONS IS NOW AVAILABLE TO ALL WARDS AND BRANCHES IN THE UNITED STATES.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Better late than never. ;) My guess is that the beta rollout went well enough that they just pulled the switch.
Kristidraper

Post by Kristidraper »

I'm an expat living fulltime in Mexico and currently pay all my donations through my US bank's bill pay system. I had to contact the church's donations dept in order to make this happen. I'm thrilled the church has now rolled out online donations. Pleeeeese now roll out a version that can be used be members in other countries!

Return to “Online Donations”