Idea: Quorum Dashboard

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
kunzlerwes

Idea: Quorum Dashboard

Post by kunzlerwes »

Thank you for the LCR tools. Can I suggest one more? A Quorum Dashboard.

For my quorum presidency, I have a manual system I wish were automatic (done by LCR). I use a spreadsheet that auto-highlights any quorum member that needs special attention. This list isn't to keep me from praying about and discussing every family with home teachers -- but rather it is to give me an early indicator when things are changing in someone's life, where I might be able to help.

It uses home teaching, calling, and attendance to determine the following status situations:
  • Recent drop in attendance
  • Recent new attendance
  • Hasn't been home taught for awhile
  • Hasn't gone home teaching for awhile
  • Attending but no calling
  • Flagged as needing extra love & attention
I also have it list how long since a PPI and since an EQP home visit, and the ability to mask some alerts (like can't hold a calling now) -- but I don't want to ask for the moon.

A privately shared Google spreadsheet is a tough way to track this (lots of data duplication with LCR). How many years do you figure before this idea could be considered by the LCR development team?

Thanks for what you've provided so far,
Wesley
eblood66

Re: Idea: Quorum Dashboard

Post by eblood66 »

kunzlerwes wrote:It uses home teaching, calling, and attendance to determine the following status situations:
  • Recent drop in attendance
  • Recent new attendance
  • Hasn't been home taught for awhile
  • Hasn't gone home teaching for awhile
  • Attending but no calling
  • Flagged as needing extra love & attention
Unfortunately, attendance is not recorded electronically on an individual basis. Also, LCR only tracks whether someone has been home taught and now whether someone went home teaching (you can sometimes infer this information based on the current assignments but as soon as someone is reassigned to teach a new household any previous history of whether they went home teaching is lost). So only one item on your list can be determined based on the information available to LCR currently.

It's possible that attendance recording will be added eventually. Certainly some people have requested it. But I really doubt that would be added before all other MLS features have been moved to LCR which could be several years still (based on how long other features have taken).

Even then personally I'm rather doubtful that attendance recording will be added. There could be privacy issues that the church doesn't want to deal with. As a general rule the church has not recorded behavioral matters of members except for church discipline (and that is extremely restricted in who can view/edit it and for how long).

But note that this is a user-to-user support forum and we can only discuss the possibility and advisability of such things. The decision makers who decide what gets developed and when do not visit the forums. The official way to submit something for consideration is to use the Feedback link at the bottom of an LCR page. This will be to the decision makers but you generally will not get a response. If you feel strongly enough about it you can also talk to your stake president and see if he will talk to his priesthood leader about it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Idea: Quorum Dashboard

Post by jdlessley »

kunzlerwes wrote:How many years do you figure before this idea could be considered by the LCR development team?
First you have to submit your suggestion. The forum is primarily user-to-user support. We have very few developers visit the forums. Even so they are not the decision makers. Submit your suggestion through the LCR feedback link to get your input to the appropriate person or team. Do not expect anything other than an automated response though.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”