No more MLS exports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: No more MLS exports

Post by jdlessley »

Dsmartineau12 wrote:Perhaps you wouldn't mind if I recommended features that can be added to the online LCR. Is the best way to do this by clicking the "Feedback" button on the screen where I think it would belong?
Exactly. That is the best method.
Dsmartineau12 wrote:Do bishops have access to JIRA and the projects contained there in? Would you take feature requests there or elsewhere?
It is not a matter of the programmers and project managers getting inputs but rather the inputs getting to those who make the decisions and set the priorities. The sponsoring department is responsible and makes the decisions and sets the priorities. The process starts with your input using the feedback link on LCR. It is then routed to those responsible.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Dsmartineau12 wrote:Do bishops have access to JIRA and the projects contained there in?
The JIRA for Leader and Clerk Resources is only available to employees, unfortunately.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jsorenson32

Post by jsorenson32 »

There is an option to download information from the Maps and Meetinghouse section of lds.org. It doesn't contain all of the information that was in the export section of MLS, but perhaps it will provide you with enough information to assist you in the task you've been given.
colonelkfc

Post by colonelkfc »

Also very sorry to see this functionality disappear. We were also using this a lot to keep track of sacrament speakers, cleaning rota, home teaching preparation and everything like that. I know that I can download the households from lds.org but it's definitely not the same. Could it be brought back if Clerks went through a data protection training if that's the concern?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

colonelkfc wrote:Could it be brought back if Clerks went through a data protection training if that's the concern?
You're posing the question to people who do not have the answers nor any influence on making the decisions. The forum is primarily user-to-user support. The decision makers for something like this is most likely the Priesthood Department. Since MLS functionalities are being moved to LCR, and if exports of data will return, then that is where it most likely will be implemented. As such I would submit your question and concerns through the feedback link on LCR.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
woolleyb

Post by woolleyb »

This data was very helpful for stakes considering boundary realignments. It would be helpful if there were something similar in LCR.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

woolleyb wrote:This data was very helpful for stakes considering boundary realignments. It would be helpful if there were something similar in LCR.
You can still use geocodes in MLS for boundary realignments. And we have been told that a new process using the Maps function is being developed in LCR for the future when MLS geocodes goes away.
jwtaber

Post by jwtaber »

I can still export from stake MLS just fine. It's a good thing because any attempt to export a table from LCR to Excel comes out as a big mess.
jwtaber

Post by jwtaber »

lajackson wrote:
woolleyb wrote:This data was very helpful for stakes considering boundary realignments. It would be helpful if there were something similar in LCR.
You can still use geocodes in MLS for boundary realignments. And we have been told that a new process using the Maps function is being developed in LCR for the future when MLS geocodes goes away.
How soon will that be available? I've stopped using stake geocodes already because they didn't seem particularly useful anymore.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jwtaber wrote:How soon will that be available? I've stopped using stake geocodes already because they didn't seem particularly useful anymore.
As with all features, I do not have a clue. They show up when they show up. My only guess is that it will be before the announced goal to complete the MLS membership portion migration to LCR that was announced in an LDS Tech broadcast earlier this year.

I only use geocodes when we are actually in the process of a ward or stake division. It doesn't happen very often around here, so I usually just update them once the project starts and is generally defined, then keep them updated as things progress during deliberations until the paperwork is sent to the Boundary Committee.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”