Gospel Library Ideas\Suggestions

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
rmhilton68

Re: Gospel Library Ideas\Suggestions

Post by rmhilton68 »

Any progress in adding physical page numbers to digital content? This is one of the main barriers to weaning our High Priests group away from paper manuals.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rmhilton68 wrote:Any progress in adding physical page numbers to digital content? This is one of the main barriers to weaning our High Priests group away from paper manuals.
I'm guessing you're asking about the Ezra Taft Benson manual specifically. The answer to your general question is that all sorts of digital content has physical page numbers, and those page numbers are visible in the Android Gospel Library app. For example, last year's Joseph Fielding Smith manual has page numbers. But this year's Ezra Taft Benson manual doesn't yet have physical page numbers.
nbllds

Post by nbllds »

But this year's Ezra Taft Benson manual doesn't yet have physical page numbers.
Any idea why this is the case? Do you think the page numbers will be added at some point? They are extremely helpful; it is much more challenging to follow / volunteer to read when you don't know the page number.
nbllds

Post by nbllds »

Looks like page numbers have now been added to the Ezra Taft Benson manual. Hooray!
les.w.powrie

Post by les.w.powrie »

Dear brothers and sisters who have developed the fantastic Gospel Library

Thank you for your great service.

Some time in the recent past I started to get the error that comes up every time I open the App. It cannot download Young Women Personal Progress.
"An error occurred while downloading Young Women Personal Progress"

I had it downloaded as I serve as bishop and use it with the young women, then this error arose, possibly when I started with a new device (Samsung Tab4).

I tried to remove the document, but it still gives the error every time.

Please check the document and perhaps upload a new copy? I see the Windows forum says they cannot do anything as that is up to the content managers. Who can contact the content managers? I don;t know how?

Then see if there might be compatibility issues with the device?

Everything else works wonderfully, thanks.
Samsung SM-T231 ANDROID 4.4.2
same error on Samsung sm-A300fu android 4.4.4

thanks
Les
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

les.w.powrie wrote:Some time in the recent past I started to get the error that comes up every time I open the App. It cannot download Young Women Personal Progress.
"An error occurred while downloading Young Women Personal Progress"
This is a known issue and the developers are working to identify the problem. The document normally downloads but the error message still appears. The name of the book changes from time to time. Not too long ago it was a Seminary handbook that triggered the error.
jazzlad

Post by jazzlad »

I have a ring with 2 embedded NFC chips and would like to use one for a shortcut to content in the Gospel Library app. Is anyone aware of how to code an NFC link to launch the app to specific content within the app? I can program the chip, I just need help with the URI string.

Examples might include the current lesson in Priesthood / Primary or a scripture (I can do a scripture to lds.org, just not the Gospel Library app).

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

For the iOS Gospel Library app you can use a link like gospellibrary://content/bofm/1-ne/3.7. I don't know if that kind of link works on Android.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
blue431

Post by blue431 »

I was thinking it would be SOO nice if in the notes we could take or save a picture. That way if in class they pass something around that you want to note for future study you can just snap a pic & it would be so easy to just pull it up in the gospel library app, I am always digging around in my photos folder while trying to pull something church related up. I use my camera all the time to snap photos of handouts & lessons the teachers share. I take pictures of the chalkboards when they've written things that I would like I go home & reflect on. I'd love to be able to put them where I will use them rather than in my endless pit of photos in my forgotten, unorganized photo app. Thanks!
jazzlad

Post by jazzlad »

I tried a bunch of variations (thanks for the starting point :) ), but none of them worked.
sbradshaw wrote:For the iOS Gospel Library app you can use a link like gospellibrary://content/bofm/1-ne/3.7. I don't know if that kind of link works on Android.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”