Viewing ALL HT assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mmickelson

Viewing ALL HT assignments

Post by mmickelson »

As the Elders Quorum President, it appears I am only able to view a Households report that shows families assigned to EQ Home Teachers. As the EQP, I am often asked "who is so-and-so's home teacher?" but I can't answer it if the person is part of the HPG Home Teaching stewardship. Is there any reason the presidencies can't view the home teaching assignments for the entire membership?

I would expect a filter dropdown with choices to view all households, just the Elders Quorum households or just a districts households. Knowing who home teaches a household doesn't seem like it would violate any permissions issues.
mfmohlma

Re: Viewing ALL HT assignments

Post by mfmohlma »

When you pull up the individual record of someone in the household, do you see the home teachers listed at the bottom right?
mmickelson

Post by mmickelson »

Yes, if I go out of the Home Teaching section and back to Home, then search for the person to bring up their individual profile, I can see their home teachers. If someone asks me while I'm home, in front of my computer, this would be ok but I'd like to print a report so I can have it available when I'm offline.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I'm sure your ward clerk would be happy to provide that information for you. (Note that it will still be in two separate lists, as that is how we can see the information as well.)

It does seem like an oversight that you can't see a list if you can see individual information. I can imagine the developers limited quorum access to the lists to avoid the Elders modifying the High Priest data and vice versa. It would make sense to me that "Read Only" access to the other quorum (and to VT lists) would be useful for an EQ president. You can submit feedback at the link on the bottom right suggesting such.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:You can submit feedback at the link on the bottom right suggesting such.
The bottom right, when you are in LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

mfmohlma wrote:When you pull up the individual record of someone in the household, do you see the home teachers listed at the bottom right?
If you view the household record in LCR, home teachers will be listed there. You can also see the visiting teachers for sisters.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

scgallafent wrote:
mfmohlma wrote:When you pull up the individual record of someone in the household, do you see the home teachers listed at the bottom right?
If you view the household record in LCR, home teachers will be listed there. You can also see the visiting teachers for sisters.
Yes, but the question is why can't an EQP see a list of all families and their home teachers if they can see it individually?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

mfmohlma wrote:Yes, but the question is why can't an EQP see a list of all families and their home teachers if they can see it individually?
What you see reflects the instructions from the Priesthood Department and General Relief Society Presidency. Since I wasn't involved in their decision process, I'll just report that what is implemented is what they directed. I believe there is some review going on as to whether to adjust the implementation.
nikk3hi3tala

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

In small ward, the division to EQ and HP in home teaching seems to be quite artificial. In my ward (where we have only handful of high priests), it is common to have elders and HPs as companions. And the decisions about any changes in HT assignments are done together with EQ and HP. The EQ president has so far been given the main responsibility of organizing HT. He was surprised, when he noticed that he couldn't see HP districts.

mfmohlma, did you submit feedback about this? An adjust in this matter would be very helpful.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

nikk3hi3tala wrote:mfmohlma, did you submit feedback about this? An adjust in this matter would be very helpful.
No I didn't. I can't actually see the issue as a ward clerk. Feedback may be more relevant and correct from someone who is affected.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”