manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Post by scgallafent »

GregAndersen wrote:Our graduating seniors are showing up on the RS roll but not on the list to be assigned visiting teachers. Appreciate any help trouble shooting.
I just did some checking. I can see the youngest sister in Relief Society (birthdate 27 Apr 1997) in the Relief Society organization. If I look at Unassigned Potential Visiting Teachers, she is listed there. If I try to add her to a companionship, she comes up on the list.

Is there somewhere I'm missing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

GregAndersen wrote:not on the list to be assigned visiting teachers.
scgallafent wrote:Unassigned Potential Visiting Teachers, she is listed there.
I think Greg is looking at teachee, not teacher.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dla22

Post by dla22 »

UPDATE:

When I checked tonight I now have all of my history and assignments. I really doubt anyone from our Ward or Stake did anything this afternoon. Could something have changed at HQ? In any event I (EQ) am OK now. I will confirm with the HPGL and RS that they too have their full history.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

dla22 wrote:Could something have changed at HQ?
I added you to the list to be manually imported and we processed some of those yesterday.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

scgallafent wrote:
GregAndersen wrote:Our graduating seniors are showing up on the RS roll but not on the list to be assigned visiting teachers. Appreciate any help trouble shooting.
I just did some checking. I can see the youngest sister in Relief Society (birthdate 27 Apr 1997) in the Relief Society organization. If I look at Unassigned Potential Visiting Teachers, she is listed there. If I try to add her to a companionship, she comes up on the list.

Is there somewhere I'm missing?
I did some more poking this morning after reading russellhltn's clarification and realized that I was looking at the wrong ward yesterday. Too much troubleshooting!

When I look at the right ward this morning, I see four 17-year-old sisters assigned to Relief Society. Are these the graduating seniors you are referring to?
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

Can anyone confirm, either way if the updated info entered via LCR should/won't find its way back to MLS? I'm thinking statistics here.
dustinm

Post by dustinm »

Biggles wrote:Can anyone confirm, either way, if the updated info entered via LCR finds its way back to MLS? I'm thinking statistics here.
Per https://www.lds.org/help/support/home-a ... g?lang=eng
Note: Units that are able to use LCR will no longer be able to update home and visiting teaching in MLS, and changes made to home and visiting teaching in LCR will not be updated in MLS.

I'm not 100% certain but it appears no information flows from LCR --> MLS
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

dustinm wrote:I'm not 100% certain but it appears no information flows from LCR --> MLS
Home and visiting teaching information does not flow from LCR to MLS.

We will probably remove access to the MLS home and visiting teaching functions in a future version of MLS for units using LCR. We left it in a read-only state with the transition so that historical data was available, if needed. As that data ages and becomes less useful, we'll look at turning the capability off in MLS to reduce confusion.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

scgallafent wrote:
dustinm wrote:I'm not 100% certain but it appears no information flows from LCR --> MLS
Home and visiting teaching information does not flow from LCR to MLS.
Just an obvious note-This means the loss of functionality for custom reports in MLS that relied on HT and VT data:
  • visits to families without MP in the Home
  • visits to part-member families
  • visits to new members
  • visits to newly -moved in members (which also showed those not yet assigned to be visited.)
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

dustinm wrote:Per https://www.lds.org/help/support/home-a ... g?lang=eng
Note: Units that are able to use LCR will no longer be able to update home and visiting teaching in MLS, and changes made to home and visiting teaching in LCR will not be updated in MLS.
Thanks everyone for the answer to my question.

The link above takes me to a restricted access page with this message "The content on this page is restricted to certain roles. LDS Account sign-in is required."

I'm a Ward Clerk as well as an STS, so what other calling would be needed? ;)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”