Syncing LDS Tools is not updating the Calendar

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
margiestroble

Syncing LDS Tools is not updating the Calendar

Post by margiestroble »

I am the Stake Website Administrator and was asked to change the date of the Quarterly Bishops Meeting, which I did. The calendar at lds.org is showing the new date correctly.

It was reported to me that the Stake Executive Secretary, who has an iphone, and another brother who is involved in this meeting, (not sure if he has an iphone or android) that even though they have synced their LDS Tools, the old date is still showing up. They asked me why it is not properly syncing.

The new date appears on my LDS Tools on both my android phone and my android tablet.

I know in the past, I've seen discussions about issues that are only happening with android, or iphone and the other one was ok.

Since I am able to see the new info after syncing on an android LDS Tools and the Stake Executive Secretary is still seeing the old info on his iphone LDS Tools, I am wondering if this is the reason?

Thanks for your help!
Margie Stroble
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Syncing LDS Tools is not updating the Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

I know there was a update to the calendar that was rolled out on Friday but rolled back due to issues. You might have them re-sync LDS Tools to see if that changed anything.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

Thanks, I'll let them know.
Margie
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

That worked, thank you.
Margie
rjtolman

Post by rjtolman »

This just plains does not work. I have tried everything suggested on this forum and am unable to get lds tools to sync calendar to any of the iOS devices we have, iPad air, iPad mini, iPhone 5s and 6. No joy. I have rebuilt each device from and scratch; restored as a new device. the only app installed other than default is LDS Tools. No joy in mudville. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I can't find the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rjtolman wrote:I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I can't find the problem.
I didn't see any mention of checking your subscriptions. Go to lds.org and log into the calendar. Check your subscriptions there. If the subscriptions was never set up, or you're not subscribed to anything, you won't get anything.

It used to be that tools died when that happened - but they may have fixed that to fail more gracefully.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rjtolman

Post by rjtolman »

Have check all subscriptions available. All show as checked on my iPhone 6. Version 2.4.3 (95). It says it sync or I get the Calendar service not available try later error. It only shows the current week, and only up to the day of the week that it is. Example if today is Thursday it shows from last sat to thursday. All suggestions glad accepted. Tried my
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

I have an iPhone 6 as well with the same app version. I can't update the subscriptions on the app either. I get the error. This is a new bug as of the last month. I started getting the error around the 1st-ish.

However I can get the calendar to update if I pull down on the list of calendar events to refresh (think how you manually fetch new emails). I updated a event on our ward calendar early this week. The update wasn't showing up on the list even though I did a sync yesterday. After pulling down. The update shows up.

Under settings, how many months do you ask tools to fetch? I have it set for 6 months and can see until January 16th.
guddatj

Post by guddatj »

As of 9-Aug-2015 at 3:50pm Mountain Time I am also having a syncing issue with the calendar in my iPhone 5c. I made a change to the comment in an existing event and tried resyncing three times on my LDS Tools app with no success. This is not the first time I have experienced this problem. it always seems to occur when I am updating an existing event as if something on my phone or in the app has cached data that will not change. :-) Keep up the good work LDS Tools team. You all are awesome and even with small bugs, this app is wonderful!!!
guddatj

Post by guddatj »

To my previous comment, I just deleted the event and added it again with the correct comment on the lds.org calendar and the old event is still cached in LDS Tools even after deleting it, re-adding it, and resyncing LDS Tools. Good luck! :-)

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”