New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Biggles

Re: New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Post by Biggles »

And this is posted on the LCR Home page today!

"This site will be down for maintenance on Thursday, Feb 19 from 9-11pm (MST)."
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Don't hold your breath. I'll believe it when I see it.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I'm not holding it! :)
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Don't get me wrong, I'm a technology nut, I'm a technology Evangelist, I use technology as much as anyone I know, I encourage it in my children and anyone I can. I am on my second round as an STS.

I've been married for nearly 20 years now, been in 6 wards and 4 stakes and 2 states, and during that time I've been visited by a home teacher about 20 times that's 20 out of 240. What we're obviously missing is a detailed database to keep track of visits, message shared, visit to bishop required, or any of those other things that somebody wanted.

:) - I hope I never see a day when a HT or VT, in my living room, is filling out a form as the other one is giving a lesson.

It's bad enough watching Bishopric members texting all through sacrament meetings, and showing each other their phones and generally making church seem like I'm just at work for another day of the week.

I think sometimes we can get a little anxious over these things. What we know is LCR is first, and mobile comes later.

If the Church has teams of web developers, and nowhere near that on the mobile side.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:What we know is LCR is first, and mobile comes later.

If the Church has teams of web developers, and nowhere near that on the mobile side.
The API has to be in place before mobile apps can appear. I suspect the API and web are developed at the same time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
calebemiller

Post by calebemiller »

Looks like it has been pushed back to "the first half of 2015."

https://www.lds.org/help/support/mls-re ... /?lang=eng
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

calebemiller wrote:Looks like it has been pushed back to "the first half of 2015."

https://www.lds.org/help/support/mls-re ... /?lang=eng
Is that the link you intended to post? If so, I'm not making the connection.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
calebemiller

Post by calebemiller »

russellhltn wrote:Is that the link you intended to post? If so, I'm not making the connection.
Yes, about 1/2 way down the page it reads the following:

"Membership Related:
This release will prepare MLS for the upcoming Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) 3.0 release in the first half of 2015. It will introduce some new organizations and sub-organizations for grouping callings and will also allow bishoprics including clerks and executive secretaries as well as Melchizedek Priesthood and auxiliaries presidencies to update calling and organization (class, group, quorum, and home and visiting teaching) data using LCR. Once units are able to update this information in LCR, it will become read-only in MLS."
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

We received a document in MLS this week that stated as such as well as well as a warning to make sure you have internet connectivity at the chapel. I am reading it to say that the previously mentioned "choice" of when to switch to managing HT/VT on LCR is not going to happen. It will be when the feature is released. From a programming perspective, I can see how this would be easier.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:From a programming perspective, I can see how this would be easier.
Yeah, no need for a switch or a bunch of support. Everyone, when CHQ says.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”