New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
calebemiller

Re: New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Post by calebemiller »

scgallafent wrote:
calebemiller wrote:Will there be a built-in approval function for changes for the Bishop?

Even if HTers can't self report, can they at least view their assignment in real time?

When changes are made to a HT assignment will the distribution process continue to be print/hand-out or will there be any new distribution features?

Will access to LCR HT functionality be all or nothing? ie..Can HT district supervisors be given rights over specific Companionships in their district but not other districts?
No on all of the above.

Our instructions have been very specific: move the existing MLS functionality to LCR and resist the urge to add new features or expand functionality at this time. In some cases, there have been changes that were needed to make things work efficiently in a web application, but all of the above would be "new" features.

I don't know what the plans are for future addition of new features -- that lies outside of my area of responsibility.
Maybe we'll see some of those features down the road. Honestly, I'm completely giddy to be able to manage HTing through LCR. Thanks!
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

scgallafent wrote:I expect we'll revisit that and finalize our plans as the changes head into beta.
Another beta volunteer here.
shipleyw

Post by shipleyw »

When will we be able to assign and track HT in LCR? thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shipleyw wrote:When will we be able to assign and track HT in LCR? thanks
Some time in the next couple of months. No exact date has been announced.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

As Elder's quorum secretary, I for one look forward to this change. It will make it much easier for me to do update home teaching without having to go to the ward building. It also sounds like we will need to update the ward clerks to know that once this change takes place that MLS, from what it sounds like, will become read only.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

harddrive wrote:As Elder's quorum secretary, I for one look forward to this change. It will make it much easier for me to do update home teaching without having to go to the ward building. It also sounds like we will need to update the ward clerks to know that once this change takes place that MLS, from what it sounds like, will become read only.
MLS will let you know that it is read only. :)
calebemiller

Post by calebemiller »

Will this be closer to an end of March release or an any day now release? Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

calebemiller wrote:Will this be closer to an end of March release or an any day now release?
I speak totally from my own experience and with no authority or information at all, because I really have no clue when it will happen.

Once you have been here at the Forum for a while, you will see that we are very rarely given dates when things will happen. That we have even been told the HT/VT on LCR update will take place this quarter is quite rare. And that already includes one delay from the originally announced date.

I would not get my hopes up even at the end of March. By then, it will either be there, or we will receive another note that it will happen at a later date, or we will have heard nothing at all and it will not be there.

Any way you look at it, it will happen when it happens. If it happens before the end of March, be pleasantly surprised and throw a party, or a training session if you wish.

And by the way, as I have read the comments here at the Forum, even after this function becomes available at LCR, the stake will need to decide when to make the jump, because everyone in the stake has to do it at the same time.

We still have a couple of units in our stake that do not have reliable Internet access at their buildings, so that will become a matter of local discussion here, because once you make the jump to the net, you no longer have MLS as a backup to input HT/VT information.

We will make sure all of the leaders and clerks who need it have good Internet access at home before we make the switch.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote:And by the way, as I have read the comments here at the Forum, even after this function becomes available at LCR, the stake will need to decide when to make the jump, because everyone in the stake has to do it at the same time.
This post indicates the transition is a per unit decision.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:
lajackson wrote:And by the way, as I have read the comments here at the Forum, even after this function becomes available at LCR, the stake will need to decide when to make the jump, because everyone in the stake has to do it at the same time.
This post indicates the transition is a per unit decision.
Two posts later and it's unclear if the decision is by the ward or the stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”