Webcaster power up issues

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
miken2av

Webcaster power up issues

Post by miken2av »

We have stake conference this weekend. We use the webcaster box purchased from the church. Saturday sessions went fine. This morning trying to set up the webcaster would not power up. The blue light was on around the power switch but nothing happened. I connected an lcd screen so I could see if it was booting but it was dead. did the whole routine with pluging and unplugging and holding the power switch down for extended amount of time. Finally it came on. I briefly saw what looked like some errors. I know for sure one was a cmos error and windows did start the clock was wrong. It seems to be working and broadcasting fine now but just in case I have a laptop set up that we can use if it goes down.

anyway, anyone seen this? cmos battery is no big deal but if something else is going on... also, I don't think we have had this three years. need to check. I know it has three year warranty and don't want to replace battery and void the warranty.

non related for anyone interested I included a picture of our setup. (left to right) laptop 1 controls cam 1 and I also watch the webcast. laptop 2 controls cam 2 and I play hymns before broadcast. then webcaster with small usb powered mixer, next is the videonics 4 input video switcher and the monitor for it (as well as the webcaster) the last laptop is the one that could take over the webcast if needed and has a usb ezcap video capture device. during yesterday meetings we showed videos from it. we used stake Epson projector to project on wall and used a sabrent pc to video converter to get video into the webcast. we have a small lavalier mic clipped to the microphone.
Attachments
setup.jpg
our set up
(3.45 MiB) Downloaded 189 times
miken2av

Re: Webcaster power up issues

Post by miken2av »

Forgot I had posted this here. Must not be to big of a problem but thought I would post what I found out and how I resolved it. I guess we have an older model of the webcaster. Newer ones include a cooling fan. Evidently our issue was related to overheating. I installed a cooling fan in the case and all is well. I would include a picture but it is ugly. :/
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

A fan works, but I found that simply removing the cover was enough to let the trapped heat escape and allow it to run continuously without glitching.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
miken2av

Post by miken2av »

I did that for our last conference but decided I wanted a more permanent solution. But yes simply removing the cover does allow it to keep cool enough. :-)

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”