Audits

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
hopperjd8770

Audits

Post by hopperjd8770 »

Does anyone know the day in January when the Year-end audits are available online for the auditors to begin audits?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Audits

Post by jdlessley »

Year-end audits can begin on 1 February. I doubt the online system will be available for that audit before then.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
hopperjd8770

Post by hopperjd8770 »

I know that the Mid-year audit this year which typically begins Aug 1 was available online July 15 for auditors to begin audits. I thought maybe the Year-end audit might start around January 15 ??
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

hopperjd8770 wrote:I know that the Mid-year audit this year which typically begins Aug 1 was available online July 15 for auditors to begin audits.
The availability of the online system two weeks early was to permit auditor training and familiarization (practice audits). It was not intended for audits to be performed earlier than the scheduled guideline time period.

I am pleased our stake auditors did not take the early availability of the online system to begin audits. Instead they did not begin until August as the guidelines direct. There needs to be adequate time for clerks to close out the record period, review records, and correct errors.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Our assistant area auditor informed us two weeks ago that the system would be available January 15 for year-end audits, and that we could, but did not have to, begin audits then.

I'm with jdlessley. The clerks need a chance to prepare, especially with year-end requirements to complete and distribute forms and reports from tithing settlement. So it is unlikely that we would audit before the last week in January, and then only if the unit agreed they were ready.

We were also told that the audit forms have not changed. We will use the S9/W9 forms again.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”