Manuals for 2015

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
PerlaBaird

Re: Manuals for 2015

Post by PerlaBaird »

I just used the "Insert missing lessons" option successfully in all the Primary's schedules, except for the Sharing time.
I created the calendar and selected the outline for Sharing time, then I tried to insert missing lessons, but it didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?
SShhaarrpp753

Post by SShhaarrpp753 »

Apparently the 2015 Sharing Time Outline isn't in the que yet--I had the same problem. It was very gratifying to get all the other lessons set up in just a few minutes...I guess with the exception of the Nursery Manual--are there really only 30 lessons?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

SShhaarrpp753 wrote:Apparently the 2015 Sharing Time Outline isn't in the que yet--I had the same problem. It was very gratifying to get all the other lessons set up in just a few minutes...I guess with the exception of the Nursery Manual--are there really only 30 lessons?
Yes, there are only 30 lessons in Behold Your Little Ones: Nursery Manual. A nursery class by its nature is not as structured as older classes. Note that the introduction to the manual says of those 30 lessons: "You can teach them in any order, and you can teach the same lesson in consecutive weeks. You can also teach the same lesson twice during one nursery class, depending on the needs and interests of the children."
ferdkf

Post by ferdkf »

Where can I find the lessons schedule for for teaching of the Presidents "Ezra Taft Benson"
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ferdkf wrote:Where can I find the lessons schedule for for teaching of the Presidents "Ezra Taft Benson"
This discussion is related to the Lesson Schedules tool on LDS.org. You'll be able to see the lesson schedule selected by your ward there only if your local leaders have entered your ward's schedule into the Lesson Schedules tool (it's optional, so they may not have done so).

You can see the manual online at Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Ezra Taft Benson. But of course that won't tell you exactly when each lesson will be taught in your ward.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Is it possible for an admin to enter in lesson schedules for 2015 yet?
mevans

Post by mevans »

wrigjef wrote:Is it possible for an admin to enter in lesson schedules for 2015 yet?
Yes
stacey.haws

Post by stacey.haws »

OK, I just set up the lesson schedules for all the classes but I am having trouble finding them at the "Lesson Schedule" link. There is a box and on the left is the date of the next Sunday (Sunday, January 4, 2015) with forward and back arrows beneath it. Then on the right there is Class section with classes listed below with green check marks next to each.

However, it seems these are the classes for 2014 since there are only primary classes (the only ones that got set up last year) and they have the titles for the manuals for 2014. How do I see the 2015 class schedules? I have activated all the classes in the Administration section and everything looks right. What am I missing?

TIA
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Stacey.Haws wrote:How do I see the 2015 class schedules?
There is a bug that you have run into. To work around the bug click the left, or back, arrow for the date and then click the right, or forward, arrow to show the classes for 2015. Tomorrow, being in 2015, it will not be a problem. :)
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
stacey.haws

Post by stacey.haws »

OK, maybe I answered my own question.

I clicked the back arrow to go back and look at last weeks lesson and it was there. Then I clicked the arrow to move back to January 4, 2015 and lo and behold there it was. All the new classes that I had added were there, though none were selected. When I selected them they showed up and everything looks good.

Thanks anyway, I know someone would have been able to figure that out for me. Or it probably would have worked itself out next time I got into lds.org.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”