LDS.org down for moving records?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mjunk1

LDS.org down for moving records?

Post by mjunk1 »

Good evening -

Every time I try to move a record out of our ward the system tells me to try again later. Our rolls are a mess with records that keep bouncing back to us. We are wasting precious time sending people to the same locations time and time again. My unit statistics now show 608 people on the rolls and there are likely 100 that do not belong here.
My questions:
1. Does the lds.org site go down frequently or is the Lord just wanting me to keep the records here?

2. Does anyone have advice for tracking records that you move out with no forwarding address so when they come back you can just revolve them back out again rather than send someone else out to find they no longer live there again?

3. Any good techniques for cleaning up the membership records? Maybe we should have a big "search and report" day with all the High Priests? Anyone have something they have done successfully to clean up rolls that are way out of whack?

Thank you. Don't mean to sound too frustrated, but we are a small ward in a big geography and it is hard to keep looking for the same people over and over.
drepouille

Re: LDS.org down for moving records?

Post by drepouille »

Have you asked your stake clerk for help?
Have you called Local Unit Support?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Re: LDS.org down for moving records?

Post by davesudweeks »

We have had limited success in sending out a Christmas Letter to all members (with the address correction note on the envelope - see elsewhere on this forum for those instructions). We would usually get back enough changes to make it worth the effort to send it out (in my opinion as the Ward Clerk at the time). It was difficult, though, to get the Bishop to sit down and draft a letter.

We also have had some success in asking our full time missionaries to check on some of them - but you need give them very good instructions on what you want them to do.

Return to “Membership Help”