Member not showing up in LDS Tools

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
adamtanderson

Member not showing up in LDS Tools

Post by adamtanderson »

I have a member who is assistant secretary in the Elders Quorum. He shows up in MLS. He shows up in LDS tools under callings and Elders Quorum, but is missing from LDS tools under Directory.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member not showing up in LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

He or his family has set his privacy options to "Leadership Only". That makes him invisible to everyone except the Bishopric, Clerks, and Executive secretary, and the same positions in the Stake Presidency.

It's possible that he's set to "Ward only" as some apps treat "Ward" the same as "Leadership Only".

But the bottom line, it's his privacy setting in the Directory is where you need to look.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
adamtanderson

Post by adamtanderson »

Is this something he has done in LDS tools. Can I change this for him or dose he need to change this himself?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

adamtanderson wrote:Is this something he has done in LDS tools. Can I change this for him or dose he need to change this himself?
It can be set in LDS Tools or in the Directory on lds.org.

The member can change it. Or with the member's permission, a clerk can change it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sam.dearing

Post by sam.dearing »

Is there a way as a leader to generate a report that will allow us to see who falls in this category so we are aware? For example, we have a member who's information must be kept private but hold a calling where they must be contacted often. What is the best way to mitigate this from a leadership standpoint?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

In my experience, leaders who can see private members can see the difference on the ward map - they will show as orange text there. I don't know if there are any other ways. I tried to create a custom report to show that, but was unsuccessful.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

On the LDS.org Directory it shows a lock icon next to members who've set their privacy options to "Leadership Only."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”