Google Calendar Sync Issue (Robots.txt)

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Striplingwarrior2002

Re: Google Calendar Sync Issue

Post by Striplingwarrior2002 »

@russellhltn Thanks for at least letting us know it's being worked on. :) I hope it's not too hard of a fix! I was supposed to show my Bishopric how to sync their Church calendars to their Google calendars tomorrow, I'll just have to explain it instead of showing it. :j
Sincerely,
CK Stratford :D

Feel free to follow me @ https://twitter.com/CKStratford :D
Feel free to follow me @ https://www.youtube.com/user/BomWarriorVlog :D
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

I, too, would LOVE to have this fixed.

In the meantime, I suppose the workaround is to manually check the lds.org/church-calendar ? Has anyone else found a reasonable work around?

PS: I ran into this issue because I deleted my church calendar from my google calendar settings, generated a new sync URL, and then tried to add my church calendar back to google calendar.

Code: Select all

Could not fetch the url because robots.txt prevents us from crawling the url.
I did not see this error until I did the above steps.
cassluv

Post by cassluv »

I just ran into this issue too. Do we know the status of the 'fix'?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The status hasn't changed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rbraithwaite1995

Post by rbraithwaite1995 »

I just stumbled upon this forum because I searched Could not fetch the url because robots.txt prevents us from crawling the url" error message. What caught my attention was the latest post was just yesterday which tells me this is a current problem. I had my google mail set up perfectly with the lds calendar for many years until about a week ago like the others here have reported. I was in my teachers quorum meeting and the other leader had added some new events that were not being updated in my google calenders for some reason. I unsubscribed or deleted this calendar and have tried to add the calendar back and now get this new error message! So, on a positive note I believe that there are many people currently with this problem..not let's just hope we can get it fixed. any updates?
cycarroll08

Post by cycarroll08 »

We have been having the same problem just recently when trying to sync the calendar to our Google calendar. It used to work, but not able to sync anymore :( "ERROR: Could not fetch the url because robots.txt prevents us from crawling the url."
craigwillson

Post by craigwillson »

Hi All, yes I am having the same issue and suspect my Google -LDS calendar has not been refreshing now for maybe 2-3 weeks as a result I assume from this.."ERROR: Could not fetch the url because robots.txt.
snowtire

Post by snowtire »

Same problem. Started a new topic before I saw this. Sorry. Any news?
whitebandana

Re: Google Calendar Sync Issue (Robots.txt)

Post by whitebandana »

First time poster here: I've just moved stakes and have discovered this problem while trying to sync my Google Calendar with a fresh URL. I've raised it as a problem through the normal 'help' page but I'd be grateful if you could keep me in the loop for any fix to this problem.
whitebandana

Re: Google Calendar Sync Issue (Robots.txt)

Post by whitebandana »

BTW - you are probably already aware that this is a very quick and easy fix by deleting the "robots.txt" entry from the html/xml on the church calendar.

Return to “Calendar”