Assigned as default admin, but unable to create events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
TschierschNO

Assigned as default admin, but unable to create events

Post by TschierschNO »

Since the reorganization of the Stake 6 Weeks ago, we are having a few issues.

1) I'm the stake clerk and I'm listed as default administrator for the calender, but I cannot add any event as the list of available calenders is empty
2) I had created a personal calendar 3 years ago and was able to administer it. Since the new stake has been organized and the changes to the system had been done I lost complete write access to it including the administrative rights. I can see the calendar, but not enter anything nor administer who has rights to it. Again, I created it.
3) Bishops of the units in the new stake cannot reserve any rooms in the local chapel. I already added him, but he is still not able to do so.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Assigned as default admin, but unable to create events

Post by russellhltn »

The big problem here is that as a new stake, you're starting from scratch.
TschierschNO wrote:Since the reorganization of the Stake 6 Weeks ago, we are having a few issues.

1) I'm the stake clerk and I'm listed as default administrator for the calender, but I cannot add any event as the list of available calenders is empty
You indicate this is a new stake. That is the default. The stake has to create calendars and set up the editors, either manually or though a wizard. There is no default set of calendars.

TschierschNO wrote:2) I had created a personal calendar 3 years ago and was able to administer it. Since the new stake has been organized and the changes to the system had been done I lost complete write access to it including the administrative rights. I can see the calendar, but not enter anything nor administer who has rights to it. Again, I created it.
The system is not designed for personal calendars. All calendars have to be attached to a unit. Odds are your calendar is part of a unit you no longer belong to, that's why you have no write rights. It's a bug that you have any rights. I'd suggest switching to something that does support personal calendars, like Google calendar.

TschierschNO wrote:3) Bishops of the units in the new stake cannot reserve any rooms in the local chapel. I already added him, but he is still not able to do so.
Assuming that the new stake is the agent stake for the location, they need to go in and set up the locations. This includes setting up the list of rooms and enable it for scheduling.

You can find more details in the Help section of the calendar, found under the "gear" icon in the calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

TschierschNO wrote:2) I had created a personal calendar 3 years ago and was able to administer it. Since the new stake has been organized and the changes to the system had been done I lost complete write access to it including the administrative rights.
If by a "personal calendar" you mean a private calendar, and you are now in the new stake, you will have to set up the private calendar again. And I find it surprising that you are even able to see the private calendar in the other stake, if you are no longer a member of that stake. That would probably be a bug in the program.
jirp

Post by jirp »

Likely he created the calendar by name rather than by calling. By name overides some of the security settings. It has been a long standing work around for admin problems with calendars. So likely it overrides the view calendar settings out of unit also in this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jirp wrote:Likely he created the calendar by name rather than by calling.
I think when you create a calendar, you're automatically added as a editor by name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TschierschNO

Post by TschierschNO »

The calendar was created by name. and attached to a unit. this ward is in the new stake. I'm still a member of that unit but I lost all administrative rights to it.
TschierschNO

Post by TschierschNO »

Coming back to point one.
I created a calendar, so I can add appointments and events to it, but I cannot select any location to restrict resources.
The buildings are all setup and units are assigned under Locations and rooms. I'm also a scheduler with rights to reserve locations. In fact I can reserve locations manually, in the restrictions calendar.
However when creating an appointment in the calendar there are no locations available to select from.
Any thoughts?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TschierschNO wrote:The buildings are all setup and units are assigned under Locations and rooms. I'm also a scheduler with rights to reserve locations. In fact I can reserve locations manually, in the restrictions calendar.
However when creating an appointment in the calendar there are no locations available to select from.
It sounds like the box for each location is not checked for "This location can be scheduled by wards and stakes." RussellHltn mentioned earlier that the locations should be "enabled for scheduling," but the symptoms indicate that that has not yet been done.

Go into Settings > Locations and Rooms, and for each location, choose Edit. Then verify that that check box is checked.

The default is for that box to not be checked, so given that you have a new stake, it's not surprising that it would not be checked for all your locations.
TschierschNO

Post by TschierschNO »

Thanks, they are not checked, I must have overlooked that in his comment.

Does that mean though that any ward and stake outside of our stake can book rooms? I find the description a bit misleading.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TschierschNO wrote:Does that mean though that any ward and stake outside of our stake can book rooms? I find the description a bit misleading.
The only units that can see your locations are the wards and branches in your stake, your stake, and outside units that are connected to your locations in one of two ways: you (or another stake calendar admin) has assigned their unit to one or more of your locations, or the FM group has officially assigned their unit to one of your locations.

No other units throughout the Church can even see your locations, let alone book rooms in them.

Return to “Calendar”