Received 20 Old Membership Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jwtaber

Re: Received 20 Old Membership Records

Post by jwtaber »

Does anyone know if we're getting records back this quarter? None have shown up in my stake as of yet. I called Salt Lake a couple of days ago and the brother I talked to there said it was the plan for another batch to come out but he didn't know exactly when.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

There is a notice posted at letters.lds.org that states that the next batch will be coming on November 1st.
jwtaber

Post by jwtaber »

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.
jwtaber

Post by jwtaber »

Has anyone heard when this quarter's batch from Address Unknown will be coming in?
Deuel

Post by Deuel »

notchback wrote:How does one send them back to SLC? We also got 20. Some we know are not here, others we are investigating.
Send them back to SLC (i.e. Unknow Address) the same way they were sent the first time. Use the "Move Records Out" option, and indicate no known address.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

deuel wrote:
notchback wrote:How does one send them back to SLC? We also got 20. Some we know are not here, others we are investigating.
Send them back to SLC (i.e. Unknow Address) the same way they were sent the first time. Use the "Move Records Out" option, and indicate no known address.
I don't know if others reading this are aware that the idea is not just to bounce the records back to headquarters but to follow the steps outlined in the 21 June 2013 letter (access limited to certain callings) before sending records on to Address Unknown. For those interested, those steps are included in the wiki article Locating members.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mpeter71

Post by mpeter71 »

Does anyone know of a way to indicate that these people no longer live in our ward? I have multiple requests from the High Priests, RS, and Elders to somehow indicate this because it gets confusing, especially when we keep trying to assign them home teachers and visiting teachers.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

mpeter71 wrote:Does anyone know of a way to indicate that these people no longer live in our ward? I have multiple requests from the High Priests, RS, and Elders to somehow indicate this because it gets confusing, especially when we keep trying to assign them home teachers and visiting teachers.
Just run the check list and get them gone to were they need to be. Have the ward council help.
In my opinion the HP, Elders and RS organizations should be the ones doing most of the work in running the check list. It is their stewardship to keep track of the members of the ward. Notice I did not say the presidency of those organizations although they should be the starting point.
joachimvalgren

Post by joachimvalgren »

Has anyone else experienced this move creating duplicate records?
I've got two membership records in my system for the same person. Everything is the same except for the membership number and the birthday (which is off by 6 months compared to each other).
Anyone have any idea how to deal with this, I don't want to just send the wrong record away for someone else to deal with :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

joachimvalgren wrote:Has anyone else experienced this move creating duplicate records?
I've got two membership records in my system for the same person. Everything is the same except for the membership number and the birthday (which is off by 6 months compared to each other).
Anyone have any idea how to deal with this, I don't want to just send the wrong record away for someone else to deal with :)
I'd suggested the Wiki article Duplicate membership records
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”