How to find records when name and date of birth didn't work

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
silas9779

How to find records when name and date of birth didn't work

Post by silas9779 »

I have requested the records of a less-active sister in our ward. Based on the information I was provided regarding her name and date of birth I submitted the request. I did the request twice. One with her married name and the other with her maiden name. No hits either time. Is there any other way to get the records? I know the approximate date and location of her baptism. I know some previous ward information from the late 60's. This member has been inactive for more than 40 years. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Biggles

Re: How to find records when name and date of birth didn't w

Post by Biggles »

I've found that using Leader & Clerk Resources at lds.org has given the best results. In MLS you have to have all the required information and the spelling etc., has to exact! Online there is much more flexibility!

Hope this helps! Let us know if you are successful.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The most flexible method is to call Local Unit Support when they are open. They will be able to locate the record and tell you what is going on even if it's been canceled for some reason. Since name and birth date isn't working, that's what I'd do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Maybe the Birthday you have is incorrect. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wouldn't rule out mm/dd/yy vs. dd/mm/yy confusion.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Or since its a less-active member the information that was passed was not accurate but someones best guess or hear say.

Return to “Membership Help”