Windows Standard User Account and MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Windows Standard User Account and MLS

Post by russellhltn »

ulupoi wrote:
I'm waiting to see what "the letter" says about missionary access and what they need to use.
Is there a letter coming with instructions? When is it expected? I'd hate to implement something on all our machines only to have to re-do it a short time later.
My understanding when this was announced is that it would be rolled out by area. And I'd assume there would be some official communication to that effect. Certainly something more official then just verbal.

That makes me wonder if it's really been rolled out in your area or if people are just reacting to rumor.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

russellhltn wrote:
ulupoi wrote:
I'm waiting to see what "the letter" says about missionary access and what they need to use.
Is there a letter coming with instructions? When is it expected? I'd hate to implement something on all our machines only to have to re-do it a short time later.
My understanding when this was announced is that it would be rolled out by area. And I'd assume there would be some official communication to that effect. Certainly something more official then just verbal.

That makes me wonder if it's really been rolled out in your area or if people are just reacting to rumor.
The stake high council member in charge of missionary work told me to work on this. He's getting his orders from the stake president, and the stake president is getting instructions from the mission president. I don't know how much of this is taking place according to a CHQ-coordinated plan. Does a CHQ-coordinated plan exist? When I first heard the announcement, I also thought that we would be receiving some official communication, but it has been a long time... Maybe the existence of a CHQ-coordinated roll-out is the actual rumor. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ulupoi wrote:The stake high council member in charge of missionary work told me to work on this. He's getting his orders from the stake president, and the stake president is getting instructions from the mission president. I don't know how much of this is taking place according to a CHQ-coordinated plan. Does a CHQ-coordinated plan exist? When I first heard the announcement, I also thought that we would be receiving some official communication, but it has been a long time... Maybe the existence of a CHQ-coordinated roll-out is the actual rumor. :)
Setting things up falls under the STS who has his own line to the Stake President.

I first caught wind of this from my contacts at SLC, so there is no doubt in my mind that there are/will be guidelines. It was also stated that this was going to take time. The mission president can request it, but without something from SLC, he can't force it.

Personally, I'd push back and ask for the details.

So far, no one here has seen them - or at least not shared them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Oops missed that one! Thanks for link!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”