Filing Disciplinary Council forms online

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
mfmohlma

Re: Filing Disciplinary Council forms online

Post by mfmohlma »

jjtlds wrote:Any thoughts?
We won't be able to help you here. Call the number at the bottom of the page or click on the link that says "for technical problems, please click here".
aetaber

Post by aetaber »

Similar question here: we have a member who was disfellowshipped and has recently returned to full activity and is serving ably. His membership record still shows him as disfellowshipped. Sounds like from reading the previous posts that I need to get the bishop to get onto LDS.org and see if there's a form for him to fill out and/or approve there to get the reinstatement process going, rather than in MLS itself?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aetaber wrote:Sounds like from reading the previous posts that I need to get the bishop to get onto LDS.org and see if there is a form for him to fill out and/or approve there to get the reinstatement process going, rather than in MLS itself?
Either way works. If you use MLS, you mail in the form, but if you use LDS.org, you just submit the form online.
thutch97

Post by thutch97 »

I am a ward clerk, and am trying to find the online form that I am supposed to fill out after a disciplinary council. I am on lds.org, have gone to leadership resources/membership, but do not see anything for disciplinary councils....can someone please copy and paste the url to me?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

thutch97 wrote:I am a ward clerk, and am trying to find the online form that I am supposed to fill out after a disciplinary council. I am on lds.org, have gone to leadership resources/membership, but do not see anything for disciplinary councils....can someone please copy and paste the url to me?
Are you sure your calling is recorded correctly? If it is, then either under clerk or leader resources, you should see a "Confidential" section in the "Membership" dropdown, in addition to the "Records" section. If not, double-check CDOL to make sure you're listed correctly. According to the access list, an Assistant Ward Clerk will not see this section.

Edit: Looks like thutch is only a membership clerk. This tool will not be visible to him.
forpsych

Post by forpsych »

I cannot seem to find the disciplinary forms online. Where do I look?

It does not show up under membership. If I don't have access, how do I get it? I am the "ward clerk", not a membership clerk, assistant clerk etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Did you try this?

on LDS.org: Leaders resources/membership/disciplinary councils
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chimaroke

Post by chimaroke »

I am a district president and I just completed a disciplinary council report online for a member who was excommunicated but when I clicked the drop down button to select the action of the council, I discovered that the EXCOMMUNICATION option though displayed was grayed out so I couldn't select it while all others were active. Is this option not to be selected on line even though it was the decision or can't a district president excommunicate a member. More so, the report was to be sent to the mission president who needs to know the decision approve it finally before implementation but this online form did not allow me to communicate that.
Any solutions anyone?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

chimaroke wrote:Is this option not to be selected on line even though it was the decision or can't a district president excommunicate a member. More so, the report was to be sent to the mission president who needs to know the decision [to] approve it finally before implementation but this online form did not allow me to communicate that.
Any solutions anyone?
If you will review Handbook 1:6.2.5 and 6.2.6 you will see why you are not able to select that option as a district president. I do not have access to the online system, so I do not know how it works in this particular situation. Perhaps you are able to send your recommendation in the text of the report. Your mission or area office should be able to assist you.
mgkapata

Post by mgkapata »

Am a District President and am trying to fill in the disciplinary Form on online but can't access it.Any thoughts?

Return to “Reports and Forms”