Locate ward in China

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
JustinHamilton

Locate ward in China

Post by JustinHamilton »

I need some help figuring out the ward info for some members that are moving to Wuhan, Hubei, China later this month. Using maps.lds I found they'll be attending the Central China International District. But the location is 12 hours away from where they live. I believe these international branches have call-in numbers to listen to the services.
The District # - 801-613-1177 is disconnected.
I'd like to get info for them to be able to contact the branch president or clerk to help with transferring their records.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Gary_Miller

Re: Locate ward in China

Post by Gary_Miller »

Have you checked the CDL?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JustinHamilton wrote:I need some help figuring out the ward info for some members that are moving to . . . China later this month.
Go to the Church's new China website and follow the instructions there. What to do depends on whether the members are citizens of the People's Republic of China or are non-Chinese members visiting or moving to China.

At that website, you will find specific contact information for members in both situations. Use the correct contact information depending on the status of the member. The contact information for Chinese members is near the top of the site. The contact information for non-Chinese members is in the FAQ near the bottom of the site.

LDS Maps will not help you with this one. You will understand why as you review the instructions at the web site.
JustinHamilton

Post by JustinHamilton »

Gary_Miller wrote:Have you checked the CDL?
I've been a clerk for exactly 2 weeks now. The CDL had not crossed my mind. Logged in and found just about all the information that I could have hoped for! Thanks.
JustinHamilton

Post by JustinHamilton »

lajackson wrote:LDS Maps will not help you with this one. You will understand why as you review the instructions at the web site.
You are right. This is interesting.
Please remember, in China, expatriate members and local Chinese members meet separately.
But this also helped. Found an email address that I'll reach out to. Also found the CDL contained the Bishoprics info as well.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

JustinHamilton wrote:I've been a clerk for exactly 2 weeks now.
Welcome to the world of Clerks. I think you will find being a clerk one of the most rewarding calling you will ever have.
jeromebortey

Post by jeromebortey »

Please my brother who is a branch president in Accra ward isnin shandong university in weahei he need the contect number of the shandong branch in Qingdao kindly help.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

jeromebortey wrote:Please my brother who is a branch president in Accra ward isnin shandong university in weahei he need the contect number of the shandong branch in Qingdao kindly help.
As a Brancn President you brother should have access to the Church Directory of Leaders (CDL). He should be able to find out what he needs there.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The web address for the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (CDOL), where a branch president or clerk can log in to get contact information for branch presidencies in other branches, is CDOL.LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

jeromebortey wrote:Please my brother who is a branch president in Accra ward isnin shandong university in weahei he need the contect number of the shandong branch in Qingdao kindly help.
At Shandong University? Ni Hao! My father just returned from a teaching stint in Jinan.

Return to “Membership Help”