Ability to Manage Photos is Missing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
martin1

Re: Ability to Manage Photos is Missing

Post by martin1 »

I too am unable to manage photos in the lds.org Directory app. I see in the Help that there is a Directory 2013 beta. Is photo management still working in the beta?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

martin1 wrote:I see in the Help that there is a Directory 2013 beta.
That beta was delayed. I have not heard whether it is on again or not.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
suetcall

Post by suetcall »

I am kind of new to being a Ward Website Administrator. I got on today to check for any new photos I may need to approve and found the ability missing, which led me to this discussion. Does anyone have knowledge of when this problem will be fixed? Is it something my Ward Clerk can fix for me?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

suetcall wrote:Does anyone have knowledge of when this problem will be fixed?
No.

suetcall wrote:Is it something my Ward Clerk can fix for me?
Approve the photos? Yes, he should be able to.

Fix the problem so you can do it? No.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
arabaszlb

Post by arabaszlb »

I recently uploaded photos for our ward's directory about a week ago, but this past Sunday (June 30), I was unable to do it--in fact the left side selection bar no longer lists it as an option. I thought someone had changed the settings for my calling in the ward as an administrator to manage the directory and the calendar. When I checked with the clerk, he told me no changes had been made but that several people had been having problems with the software that morning. So the only thing I can think of is that "they" are making changes to the software and that at present, no one has access to that function. Usually time takes care of it.
brianpratt

Post by brianpratt »

Ditto here. I am a website administrator and still have rights on the Calendar and Newsletter, but cannot upload photos through the Directory website now.

I see that nobody so far has any idea what happened or when rights will be restored. Does anyone here know if the developers have read this thread? Is there someone we can contact to find our more or at least make sure the right person knows of the problem?

Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The problem has been reported through the LDS.org feedback link and the response is that the issue has been passed along to those responsible. I have also elevated the issue through the contacts we have within ICS. If you have not personally reported the problem using the LDS.org feedback link I recommend you add your feedback to those who have already done so. Other than that we can but wait patiently for the administrator rights to be restored.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
pierce1of5

Post by pierce1of5 »

With many members holding more than one calling a bishop who wants the website administrator to still be able to publish photos could consider putting his name in as an assistant ward clerk. This would only apply to the male website administrators. Then you wouldn't need to wait for the administrator rights to be restored. I know this is only a partial work around.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

pierce1of5 wrote:With many members holding more than one calling a bishop who wants the website administrator to still be able to publish photos could consider putting his name in as an assistant ward clerk. This would only apply to the male website administrators. Then you wouldn't need to wait for the administrator rights to be restored. I know this is only a partial work around.
And you have to be careful because it gives a lot of extra rights to membership information in Directory and Clerk Resources.
ValHollingshead

Post by ValHollingshead »

I have been a ward and stake administrator for several years now. Although recently released as the stake admin., I am still listed on the MLS for our ward. I too, find I cannot manage photos for ward members. Hope this issue is soon resolved. We have a new Stake President who needs the photos to get to know stake members.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”