Bishop not able to access Missionary Recommendation System

Discussions about other Church websites
ethan.gates

Bishop not able to access Missionary Recommendation System

Post by ethan.gates »

Hello all,

My Bishop was just put into the online directory yesterday afternoon, and now he's trying to start my mission papers. However, he's still not able to log in. Is their some kind of delay in the Missionary Recommendation System, or is their another way him and I aren't thinking of?
eblood66

Re: Bishop not able to access Missionary Recommendation Syst

Post by eblood66 »

ethan2012 wrote:Hello all,

My Bishop was just put into the online directory yesterday afternoon, and now he's trying to start my mission papers. However, he's still not able to log in. Is their some kind of delay in the Missionary Recommendation System, or is their another way him and I aren't thinking of?
Yes, there is a delay. After the stake submits a new bishop he may not show up in the master callings database (called CDOL) until sometime the next working day (an employee at church headquarters has to review the change before it shows up). Once the calling shows up in CDOL there is an additional delay (usually no more than 24 hours) before they have full rights in all applications like the Missionary Recommendation System.

If the bishop shows up as bishop at http://lds.org/directory then it means he has been added to CDOL. After that he should have rights within a day.
ethan.gates

Post by ethan.gates »

He's listed in the directory, but he's still saying he hasn't been able to access it. Is he supposed to access it through lds.org/mss ?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ethan2012 wrote:He's listed in the directory, but he's still saying he hasn't been able to access it. Is he supposed to access it through lds.org/mss ?
After he signs on to lds.org he should look at this Tools menu. If it shows Leader Resources and Missionary Recommendation as menu options then he should also be able to access the recommendation system. If not then he may need to wait until tomorrow. If he doesn't have rights by then he should probably contact LUS.
ethan.gates

Post by ethan.gates »

eblood66 wrote:
ethan2012 wrote:He's listed in the directory, but he's still saying he hasn't been able to access it. Is he supposed to access it through lds.org/mss ?
After he signs on to lds.org he should look at this Tools menu. If it shows Leader Resources and Missionary Recommendation as menu options then he should also be able to access the recommendation system. If not then he may need to wait until tomorrow. If he doesn't have rights by then he should probably contact LUS.
He has the option to do that, but when he hits it, it takes him to the Recommendation System, but doesn't let him log in. When he logs in, it goes back to the login screen with no error message.

Return to “Other Websites”