IPAD Display in Various Languages

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mmkids6

IPAD Display in Various Languages

Post by mmkids6 »

Is anyone having problems with their IPAD deplaying in a different language on various occassions. I logged into LDS.org to show tools available to use to members of our stake, and when I went into the calendar, newsletter and lessons, all the headers were in spanish but the context was in english. No matter what I did I was unable to change this. My IPAD is set for english, my profile is set for english, so this has been very frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this or is there a bug between safari and LDS.org?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: IPAD Display in Various Languages

Post by russellhltn »

Moderator note: Since this had nothing to do with the LDS Tools app, this was moved to the proper area.

lds.org has a number of sporadic issues with pulling up the wrong language. It's not limited to iOS devices.

But you can try and clear all your cookies and see if that helps restore things to normal.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mmkids6

Post by mmkids6 »

How do you clear cookies on an IPAD. I am a new user of one.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If you do a search on the Internet there are plenty of sites with instructions. The top hit I got is here.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mmkids6

Post by mmkids6 »

Thanks for the help
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Home page is now defaulting to Japanese for me on IPhone, ipad and PC browsers.l

Return to “Main Church Website”