Calendar Times in LDS Tools off by 1 hour starting March 10

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
sorensenbm

Calendar Times in LDS Tools off by 1 hour starting March 10

Post by sorensenbm »

iOS users in our stake are all having the same problem - Times on the stake calendar in LDS Tools are off by one hour starting March 10, 2013. Stake calendar is OK if you view it with a web browser. So, do I understand correctly that the fix is to wait until after March 10, then to go Settings and click Update the Data? Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar Times in LDS Tools off by 1 hour starting March

Post by lajackson »

sorensenbm wrote:So, do I understand correctly that the fix is to wait until after March 10, then to go Settings and click Update the Data?
Sadly, yes. It seems that dealing with daylight saving time is such a bother that they have not yet figured out how to do it. I do not know if the problem lies on the iOS side or the calendar side. But March 10th is the magic day the troubles begin, at least in the U.S.

And then watch for the same problem in reverse on November 3rd this year.
rytting

Re: Wrong time between website and LDS Tools

Post by rytting »

I have the same problem with ios and lds.org. lds.org has the correct times. With ios the problems starts when daylight savings changes.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Wrong time between website and LDS Tools

Post by aebrown »

rytting wrote:I have the same problem with ios and lds.org. lds.org has the correct times. With ios the problems starts when daylight savings changes.
[Moderator note: I moved this post from the topic Wrong time between website and LDS Tools since that topic deals with a time inconsistency that is clearly related to time zones. Now the post is correctly in a topic that deals with the change to Daylight Savings Time.]
mikedds431

calendar on Ipad lds tool changed times

Post by mikedds431 »

Starting with March 10th (daylight savings time) all times on the LDS tools for ipad or Ipod touch calendar have been moved 1 hour ahead. Correct times are shown on the online calendar when signed on through lds.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: The previous post from the topic "calendar on Ipad lds tool changed times" has been merged here since that topic deals with the same topic of time inconsistency that is related to time zones.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”